Run Stand

DARROW 74

Well I seen fuelies run stand and thought since I have wanted one for a while that I would give it a shot. there is a lot of metal in one of these things. I got plans off the enter net for $8.50 And I have a 120 volt wire feed welder that works fair, considering that I have not welded in few years maybe 30 or so. Any way this is what I have so far. The neat thing is that this unit can fold up and only take up a space of about 20" off the wall.

RUN STAND 002 (Large).jpg

RUN STAND 012 (Large).jpg

RUN STAND 014 (Large).jpg

RUN STAND 001 (Large).jpg

RUN STAND 005 (Large).jpg

Well when I get a 350 bell housing I will mount a motor and make all the final
adjustments and paint, Then post the end resualt. I would have more pictures but I guess I can only load 5 at a time. more to follow...

;

That sounds like a good idea. Atleast a fun one.

There you go, couple wheels from a self propelled lawnmower, maybe a garden tractor.....

'64 or so, my father bought a garden tractor called a PANZER had a iron cast front 'grill' on it, flip up top housing, auto diffy in rear, hotchkiss 3rd member believe it or not, and a fan belt on a step pulley drive, slung the pulley out to the pass side on a lever with a catch on it to lock in place....mower deck below....I used to put it on the driveway and wind up the engine good and high, pop the 'clutch'...and do wheelstands....

think what I could have done with even a 1600 4 banger instead of that 8? hp Briggs on it.....:stirpot::stirpot::D I coulda wooda, shoulda cut that damn lawn in about 30 minits....learned how to mud track it around the turns....

:lol::lol::club::suicide:

gages

The plate at this time is where the gages will go.
I thought it would be better to be able to see the gages while you were working on the motor. It would be easy to move to the other side if I find out that I neeed to move them.