More fun than pushing carpet tacks under your toe nails

what about all the wasted space? I could fit 2-3 times that much stuff in there just piling it in.

SAUDI-DUDE!
You know you have spent WAAAY TOOO MUCH time on the flight line when:your tool box has cutouts for the bits -- NOW they do, and some of them are etched too!

Other signs include;
you use exhaust soot for black shoe polish, have slept under the wing, and have ever used a piece of safety wire as a toothpick!

Aye, Mate -- yer gone. BTW, I did the same on our previous boat in mid 80's, shot some pic-ies, and wrote a short article. Beer money for a week! Jump on it!

Cheers - Jim

Looks good though. On my list too..Black over Yellow Lights off the missing bits real well.

or getting zapped by a faulty plug wire:lol:

Of by the HF start on your tig machine after getting a poor ground (and not using gloves) I can still feel it
Hehe, years ago a mate and I were making up a roll cage inside an old banger we were going to put in the demolition derby. I still don't know how I did it, but I managed to touch the end of the arc rod on my throat as I was moving around - still red hot so immediate pain and a blister, and I was holding onto the pipe work I'd just welded with my other hand so ZAP!

what about all the wasted space? I could fit 2-3 times that much stuff in there just piling it in.
Yeah but I hate the thought of losing stuff and anyway, that's why I got the 40" cab so I could spread the stuff out :thumbs:

SAUDI-DUDE!
You know you have spent WAAAY TOOO MUCH time on the flight line when:your tool box has cutouts for the bits -- NOW they do, and some of them are etched too!

Other signs include;
you use exhaust soot for black shoe polish, have slept under the wing, and have ever used a piece of safety wire as a toothpick!

Aye, Mate -- yer gone. BTW, I did the same on our previous boat in mid 80's, shot some pic-ies, and wrote a short article. Beer money for a week! Jump on it!

Cheers - Jim

Looks good though. On my list too..Black over Yellow Lights off the missing bits real well.
Hehe, I haven't slept under a wing before :lol:

BTDT, except I did it the hard way... xacto knife.
Yeah, did my last one that way but the guys I got the foam from said they do it inhouse with a CNC machine and suggested I use a router - pretty neat job too :thumbs:

SAUDI-DUDE!

Other signs include;

All of the above- PLUS-

Pulling the 4 overwing emergency exit doors out on a DC-9, piling seat bottom cushions 4 deep in the center asile, and sleeping on them.

Using grease off the landing gear to pack a 1/4 inch cut in a tire so the switch bitch would miss it and not cry for a tire change- on a tire that is perfectly fine and in limits.

SAUDI-DUDE!

Other signs include;

All of the above- PLUS-

Pulling the 4 overwing emergency exit doors out on a DC-9, piling seat bottom cushions 4 deep in the center asile, and sleeping on them.

Using grease off the landing gear to pack a 1/4 inch cut in a tire so the switch bitch would miss it and not cry for a tire change- on a tire that is perfectly fine and in limits.

?? pilot??

:lol:

SAUDI-DUDE!

Other signs include;

All of the above- PLUS-

?? pilot??

:lol:

That's what I took it to mean. I don't have to worry about tyres any more although I have to get it on with them about leak rates :clap:

Sweet-AS!

Wayne - Did you glue the layers together first - and with what?
Or - just counting on them "sticking" to each other?

Looks Great! - Jim

Sweet-AS!

Wayne - Did you glue the layers together first - and with what?
Or - just counting on them "sticking" to each other?

Looks Great! - Jim
Thanks Jim. I bought the foam from a place selling (amongst other stuff) "tool control foam". I told them the size drawers I needed the foam to fit and the colour combination I wanted and they glued them together then cut them to size. I then traced around all the tools and used a Dremel with a router bit to cut the shapes out - just deep enough to go into the yellow layer.

They would have cut my shapes out with a CNC machine if I'd told them all the part numbers of my tools but I didn't know how I wanted them laid out so decided to do it myself.

We'll hopefully be getting a couple of days off for Eid (after Ramadan) so I plan to get the other drawers done then - it's still disgusting outside so I'm trying to find jobs indoors :clobbered:

Switch Bitch would be the flight engineer- the one that rides sideways. Yes, some airplanes still have them. Not many, but a few.