the not so serious clocking video

MYBAD79

the next level of alternator clocking:

remember MC Hammer ?? YO.... Break this down..... can't clock this .... :lol:

th_DSCF1641.jpg

My eagle eyes found his problem LOL .... He bubba'ed it ....

this is how car left when he bought it from me .... notice the differences in alternators (green stator band, black pulley, rear brace) hahahahha bet the car he put this alternator on doesn't move around hahahaha

brackets003.jpg

brackets002.jpg

brackets001.jpg

Last edited:
The car I put that alternator on is the one I drive every day, it's the gray camaro.

You can laugh all you want, I didn't touch the serpentine stuff. It was flexing when I removed the alternator, I saw it moving the moment I pulled the tensioner back. The only issue with that alternator is that the bearings squeel like mad. The rear brace is in place.

Do you really think I can't even swap an alternator? Seriously, getting a little miffed here at the insinuation.

Check the brace bolts maybe they did come loose. I recall there being 5 of them ... 2 way down alongside of the harmonic balancer, one kinda near the power steering pump, the lower alternator bolt is another one and the is one more directly below the upper alternator bolt.

I highly doubt the actual serpentine bracket is cracked ... The only thing I have ever seen actually crack on one is the upper alternator mounting ear.

If you find it cracked let me know and I can easily get you another one

This thread was intended to be a joke about the good ole alternator clocking, not pointing fingers here.... even if that bracket is cracked, probably not more than $20.... Ebay.....

Marck, just curious: is this even noticeable when the engine runs ? Does the belt slip ??

No, you won't notice it, the belt doesn't slip but the alternator is not sitting straight, I never noticed before I pulled the tensioner back

then there's a good chance nobody noticed and it's been like that for a while. The noisy bearing is another indicator that it's been running like this. Have you taken it apart yet ? Cracked bracket or loose bolts ? What did you find ??

then there's a good chance nobody noticed and it's been like that for a while. The noisy bearing is another indicator that it's been running like this. Have you taken it apart yet ? Cracked bracket or loose bolts ? What did you find ??

The bad alternator came off the 88 camaro, I put the one from the 82 trans am on it, so the alternator was good.

I didn't find anything yet. Didn't work on the TA, did some more work on the camaro. Have brakes now & drive. It's running now LOL a little redneck with the missing sheet metal but who cares :D