California 200

SmokinBBC

What a disaster. Condolences go out to the families of those killed.

Why in the world do they let spectators stand so close along that course? Something has to change now.

First let me say how sad this whole thing is, my condolences to all.

Don't people have a self preservation instinct or common sense? Look at how close everyone stands to the course, not just here but in many areas of racing. I understand wanting to be able to see the race but so close? I think that the responsibilty lies with all involved, the organizers, drivers and the spectators. Hopefully the racing sport will not be penalized and lose racing priveledges due to this gross lack of judgement.

The shit I seen with my own eyes back in the later 60's yet, one kid got hit by some engine parts on the starting line, another car flipped over upside down over top of a competitor, clearing him AND the overhead power lines....somehow....from look at the line, it was as if he was literally shot sideways outta some Naval cannon or other....

and even yet, with those recollections of my own, just a couple years ago, I stood on the starting line with two AAtop fulers taking off....

:thumbs::hissyfit::skeptic:

Don't people have a self preservation instinct or common sense? Look at how close everyone stands to the course, not just here but in many areas of racing.
This pops up childhood memory of watching Group B Rally on TV, check [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeE5wzHxdqw"]this video[/ame] at 1:44 and you see what I mean.
It's sad, but according to the article they kinda asked for it.

that is just some shear stupidity right there...those guys have a death wish.

I wouldn't want to be a driver with those idiots doing that. Even if it is not your fault and someone gets hit/killed, I would still weigh heavy on you for a long time.