GM parts prices

redvetracr

No wonder GM went bankrupt, who the %&*# can afford to shop at a GM parts counter? the local GMC truck guy is going out of business after 62 years (thanks Obama) I was buying my Corvette stuff there for years (whats not discontinued that is) so they are selling off GM lubricants, GM synthetic gear lube $15 a qt, Delvac synthetic diesel oil $19 a gallon, synthetic GM auto trans fluid $11 a qt.....oh and I forgot this little tid-bit...those are dealer cost prices if you can believe it...they have been pretty good to me over the years looking for parts on the GM parts locator and selling to me at "net" so I tend to believe it......unfrickenbelieveable.

Fifty years of junkyard hotrodding.....with damn few exceptions....course I not into heavy duty racing....

:twitch::eek::surrender:

And on top of that, these days when you pay top dollar for GM/Delco stuff chances are you get chinese junk. Happens more and more. Lately I have received chinese delco relays, chinese oil filters and some other chinese junk

And on top of that, these days when you pay top dollar for GM/Delco stuff chances are you get chinese junk. Happens more and more. Lately I have received chinese delco relays, chinese oil filters and some other chinese junk

NOT just GM either, I can tell you that, about ANY field....

lucky we still make 2x4's any more....

:surrender::bomb::twitch::eek:

lucky we still make 2x4's any more....

Are you talking about those soft moist 1 1/2 X 3 1/2 warped twisting shrinking pieces of new growth pine we call "lumber"?

:suicide:

:smash::surrender:

Those are picked over like MAD when I shop lumber....I have left how many stores looking for a decent stack to cull....if the reject rate is near 50% I"m outta there....

and don't get me started on 'engineered lumber' and modern PT lumber....

:suicide:

I picked up an AC Delco Fuel pump not long ago and all over the ACDelco logo box it says made in USA. No marking on the pump as to country. It doesn't list whether it is new or refurbished either. What surprised me is that it was only $38. Wondering how they can make a new pump for 38 retail...if they are making 100% margin on the sucker, that means 19bucks cost...no way that makes sense.

I picked up an AC Delco Fuel pump not long ago and all over the ACDelco logo box it says made in USA. No marking on the pump as to country. It doesn't list whether it is new or refurbished either. What surprised me is that it was only $38. Wondering how they can make a new pump for 38 retail...if they are making 100% margin on the sucker, that means 19bucks cost...no way that makes sense.

The BOX was made in the USA, not the pump.....

It's all over the world like this.

Read some articles lately that were saying that middle class is completly disappearing. Just poor or rich.

Totally true, and reflected in the housing markets here in USA....hell to pay rents, but even college kids having a tough time, especially with 'liberal arts' degrees, not worth paper printed on....not today,

:stirpot: