'69 Auto X video

vette427sbc

Finally got around to uploading the video I took from the Show n Go at Englishtown... Had a blast, but my car ran like crap. First run is just a shakedown to get to know the course a little better. Last few runs you will see I just coasted past the timer since I over shot the last turn. The track got pretty slick towards the end of the day. Those runs didnt count though- just for fun.
Enjoy
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9PsS1vyFSQ[/ame]

I did notice the car wanted to push a little bit... I dont have an IR temp gun to look at tire temps, but from the wear pattern it looks like I have a touch too much negative camber in the front. Should tires come back with an even wear pattern across the width if the camber is set right? More contact patch up front = less push?
1.125" front swaybar, no rear bar. Second softest spring setting on the front, second hardest on the rear

Sounds fast! Looks like fun.

You should mount the camera up a little higher. I was hard to see the course.

Who designed that course? A military guy, left, right, left, right........ LOL!

They have a course at Turner Field here in ATL. It has a straight that give about 5 seconds of acceleration. However there is a crest in the middle so you need to use less then full throttle. A guy in a 94 completely lost it!

Sounds fast! Looks like fun.

You should mount the camera up a little higher. I was hard to see the course.

Thanks! It was a blast. Ill definitely be going to some more events next summer.
This was the first time really using the camera mount. I thought it would be good to be able to watch my hands (for position and smoothness). I agree though, it does need to be higher... Ill have to revise this design.

Who designed that course? A military guy, left, right, left, right........ LOL!

They have a course at Turner Field here in ATL. It has a straight that give about 5 seconds of acceleration. However there is a crest in the middle so you need to use less then full throttle. A guy in a 94 completely lost it!

Haha yeah it was a bit too much left right left right. I want to get a few more auto x's under my belt then I think ill be ready for some faster road courses.