Auto-X preparation?

vette427sbc

I plan on going to a "corvette show n go" this saturday at englishtown, and they have an auto cross set up. This will be my first autocross so Im hoping some of you can give me some tips on how to get my car ready, and maybe some tips on the driving part.
My current setup is VB&P performance plus suspension, rack and pinion, stock brakes with hawk pads, regular brake fluid.
Since this is my first time, I wont be pushing my car hard, but is it possible to boil the fluid on an auto x?
Also, I know that there are probably different rules for different clubs that host these events, but what kind of things might they generally look for at tech inspection? The main thing I am concerned with is that I run open headers right now and would really prefer if I didnt have to put my baffles back in

First they'll want to see seatbelts and a helmet. Then remove all loose debris from the car. Check lugnuts and tire pressures. Don't overdrive the car. Walk the course and look at the gates from both directions visualizing entry AND exit lines.

You can easily boil the brakes in an autoX especially if they've not been bled regularly.

Look in your local phone book for Sports Car Club of America. They will have an Auto cross program you can tap into for some pointers. They are usually a pretty rabid but friendly crowd.

Good Luck, Steve:2nd:

Can you find a phone number online ? I'd just call them and ask about what requirements the car has to meet.... tips on the driving part ??? Have a good time, that's most important :thumbs: