Hammerhead part II

Showme

Many of you have followed this build.Sorry if it's old stuff!

This is Hammerhead a few years back.The front was one of a kind then too!
(I built it out of foam and glass like a surfboard.)I had the C-4 suspension done and the car drove great!I was tryin to knock all the weight off that I could too!The goal was 2800lbs.(still have yet to weigh)
hoodless003.jpg
hoodless002.jpg
hoodless001.jpg
Hammerheadtop.jpg
Hammerheadshow.jpg
The look of the car was not Mean enough to match the personality of it,So it was back to the drawing board!

Last edited:
It was a good thing that I had never got it far enough for paint.I must have made 100 drawings of the front end before deciding on the new look.:confused2::thumbs:
hammerfront.jpg
3mod.jpg
newversion.jpg
modded.jpg
They got better!These are the only ones that I can still find.The best ones I had drawn on a sketch pad.
Louveredhood.jpg
Notice the lexan window and intake.(Before GM's new vette.)Hmm?
hammerIIoption.jpg
3modnewhammer.jpg
newtail6.jpg

Every project has a starting point.(Or restart!)
IMG00068.jpg
IMG00052.jpg
IMG00069.jpg
nose1.jpg
It allways looks worse before it gets better.
IMG00113.jpg
IMG00115.jpg
thelookside.jpg

Last edited:
I had so many things going that I had to do alot of explaining for awhile.:bonkers:thevettesII003.jpg
thevettesII027.jpg
Thevettes040.jpg
Thevettes045.jpg
flares.jpg
Time for the new face!
PHOT0183.jpg
PHOT0173.jpg
ytrryh.jpg
PHOT0160.jpg
PHOT0161.jpg
Now that's more like it!(Halo projectors)
PHOT0178.jpg
PHOT0174.jpg
PHOT0170.jpg
Lots of hand work!
PHOT0124.jpg
PHOT0175.jpg
PHOT0174-2.jpg
PHOT0170-1.jpg

Last edited:
I followed your posts on the other forums, really like the car and the agressive front.... it's very unique :1st:

It's amazing that you didn't give up half way down the road... many would have.... that's how you buy a vette cheap :blush::devil:

Yup,You just keep pushing on!(Keep the vision!)
PHOT0132.jpg
PHOT0128.jpg
PHOT0138-1.jpg
PHOT0005-1.jpg
ProgessII018.jpg
ProgessII011.jpg
ProgessII010.jpg

Last edited:
The vision comes to life.
spoilers011.jpg
spoilers002.jpg
HAMAII.jpg
spoilers038.jpg
spoilers036.jpg
spoilers037.jpg
spoilers026.jpg

Now we are caught up to the end of last season.
Made it to the Eureka Springs Corvette weekend.
ESCW_2007_608.jpg
ESCW_2007_610.jpg
ESCW_2007_772.jpg
ESCW_2007_776.jpg
ESCW_2007_777.jpg
P1010014.jpg
Still have miles to go on it,but it's commin along.

Last edited:
I would like to see more on your C4 suspension please :) ...and how you made the headlight covers. Did you (hot) bend lexan

Hey Randy... Whoa, that's one wild machine!!!

You're one of these guys who will never give up until the dream is complete... Keep us posted! :yahoo:

I would like to see more on your C4 suspension please :) ...and how you made the headlight covers. Did you (hot) bend lexan

Yes,I bent them with heat.I still have to build the buckets for them and flush mount the covers.I did the C-4 conversion alone in Two weekends and don't have alot of progress pics on it but I'll look.
828811_24_full.jpg
This is an old pic.

Last edited:
Hey Randy... Whoa, that's one wild machine!!!

You're one of these guys who will never give up until the dream is complete... Keep us posted! :yahoo:

Thanks,I hope to have it movin again soon.:thumbs:

:thumbs:

Looking Good....Dude.
I've been following your progress since I first saw the posts of the car.
I do admire the skills you have to make ideas....reality.

I do know from personal experience that you have worked your ass off...:D
and have not lost sight of your vision ...... and with that I must say ......

e162f006.gif

Keep it up..........and keep those pics coming. :thumbs:

I can't wait to see the this project finished....it is a really cool custom job.

This is a kind of mod I would only do on a real basket case. But I must say there is something in the design of the front.

However I don't really like the front lower wing. To me it looks like there is soemthing missing. But then again tastes differ.
:)

This is a kind of mod I would only do on a real basket case. But I must say there is something in the design of the front.

However I don't really like the front lower wing. To me it looks like there is soemthing missing. But then again tastes differ.
:)

It was unrestorable junk!(In most opinions);)

I fired the Turbo motor up this evening!Woo hoo! It was just for a few minutes but it was good to hear!The turbos have quieted it down alot even with the short dumps on the turbo's.I still have to tune and set the boost ect.I'm happy with the responce of the turbo's.(They seem to spool up quick)I still need to dial them down and get the Btm installed.
I can't wait to drive it. Still so much to do!

I have bypassed the intercoolers for now ,till I get the the ones that fit where I want them.Hereit is as it sets.I still have alot to do.
Well it's far from done but it's running.I had to bypass the intercoolers till I find the ones that fit where I want them.I still have some tuning to do.and a few things to install but here it is as it sets.
[ame=http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/showme71vette/?action=view&current=MPEG0019.flv]th_MPEG0019.jpg[/ame]

Today I drove it with the modded holley and so far so good!No flat out runs yet but It's pullin very hard and with the new carb mods it's not going lean on top or slobbering.I still will make at least one or two more jet changes to see how it reacts.:banghead: :thumbs:

Randy, you got one hell of a balls out over the top project there man, one of my favorites in a fair sized list....you have more talent than I do, so I need you to come down here and spread your talent around....:D:trumpet::harhar:

then my car can have fine type work too....

:yahoo::yahoo: