Can I move the blower motor? Or extend it's intake?

enkeivette

It smells like gas fumes in my car, I have a VC leak and a header leak, both of which can be fixed. But it's a SBC, so I'm sure they'll leak again.

Has anyone moved the blower to one of the rear compartments? Or made an intake to suck air closer to the front of the car? Suggestions?

The intake is the wiper trough. Make sure the hood has that seal along the windshield end of it.
Keep the fresh air intake closed
If you use percys header bolts that lock, and a good alum/copper gasket, it won't come back.
What is a VC leak?

Thanks Bird. I did replace that seal, but I also cut a big gaping hole in the hood for a cool air intake back when the car was NA. Guess it's time to bust out the fiberglass and seal it back up.

Thanks Bird. I did replace that seal, but I also cut a big gaping hole in the hood for a cool air intake back when the car was NA. Guess it's time to bust out the fiberglass and seal it back up.

Enk, curiosity man, could you post a pix of your engine with hood up?? like to see the underside of the hood and the topside too.....then I maybe ask if you can do a simple experiment for me....

:stirpot::D

080210195930.jpg

080210195909.jpg

Enk, when you get a chance, maybe hand some yarn and a penny on some tape, over the back edge of the hood, next to the w/shield area....

and take a trip to say 80+ mph.......

curious as to which way the wind blows.....

mine was definitely neutral on airflow.....but I have a wiper door/grill there, and that hood scoop is further forward as a result....you have a gasket on the engine area back there ...?? looks like it....

:thumbs::stirpot:

Sealed it up with silicone and plexiglas. It's not a work of art, but you can breathe in the cabin.

Enk, when you get a chance, maybe hand some yarn and a penny on some tape, over the back edge of the hood, next to the w/shield area....

mine was definitely neutral on airflow.....but I have a wiper door/grill there, and that hood scoop is further forward as a result....you have a gasket on the engine area back there ...?? looks like it....

I can tell you mine was definitely not 'neutral on air flow.' There was so much air blowing on the hood when I left it unlatched, it blew up about a foot at about 90mph.

I can tell you mine was definitely not 'neutral on air flow.' There was so much air blowing on the hood when I left it unlatched, it blew up about a foot at about 90mph.

OK, do you have a 'normal' stock or near stock fan shroud?? blowing back toward the engine, front/face on??

I assume you have a seal from hood to top of rad support.....

:search:

Nope nope.

OK, so the fan discharge goes like mine toward the harmonica balancer and then under the car....

but not having any air dam above the rad.....

interesting, in that I have similar mounted electric fans, aiming downward on the backside....and a simple air damn still above the cross support mating to the hood...

so the onrushing air in the front, is stopped from lifting the REAR of the hood in my case...