Red ´76 frame-off

Pacha

Finally!!! after 4 years I´ve started to put it back together. :trumpet:

Here are the Rod and bracket I made to replace the factory J. Now it is easier to regulate.

The "standard" method in paint removal, Window scraper and heat gun.

It takes a long time to remove the 3 coats of paint (original orange, silver and red). At least I could seen that the fiberglass was in a really good shape.

Chassis after Blasting and paint, as it came from the blaster shop (And my very own desing of chassis dolly).

Pedal box with modify brake pedal and clutch pedal (I am converting from auto to manual).

Chasis gusets:

Half Shaft with new u-joints (do I have to balance it?).

Chassis with some parts mounted (Can you see the Borgeson steering box!! :drink:)

More pics soon!!

Lookin' good man....U do the work on my car and I buy the beer, deal???

:drink::drink::confused:

Does the heat gun/window scraper work easily? I have tried the razor blade deal and got so so results.

Looks like you're doing some really nice work there :thumbs:

The razor blade method worked great for me, better than anything else I tried. I did not want to use stripper....

Does the heat gun/window scraper work easily? I have tried the razor blade deal and got so so results.

works great did my 82 like this in about 3 days. Panels came out perfect with no gouges, I used a large putty knife though.

strippedvette12.jpg

Last edited:

YES!! it really works.
The heat gun makes the paint soft and it just peel off.
Is fast, no dust, no chemicals. Fome me, the best method.