Wilwood caliper bracket

Pacha

I will be replacing the stock calipers with Wilwoods FSL. I found the bracket cad file on the download section but, since I will also use 12,19" rotors I need to modify the cad file.
It would be easy to do if the spindle center were a data point in the file, but since it isn't there......
How can I move the bolting holes exactly 0,22" fron the spindle center?

Is the FSL 3.50 or 5.25 mount? What CAD program do you have?

I have it w/ all the datums in place but if you don't have SW2009 you'll have to use larry's drwing above w/ the bracket drawing.

Looks like there's a bit of difference between the spindles too, mine was 6.38 where his is 6.366

I have it w/ all the datums in place but if you don't have SW2009 you'll have to use larry's drwing above w/ the bracket drawing.

Looks like there's a bit of difference between the spindles too, mine was 6.38 where his is 6.366

We are also using SW2009. The FSL has a 3.5" mount.
The difference is 0,35mm so a minor adjusment should solve it.

I have not decided yet whether to use 1/4" or 8mm steel plate for the brackets. Is 1/4" thick enough?

We are also using SW2009. The FSL has a 3.5" mount.
The difference is 0,35mm so a minor adjusment should solve it.

I have not decided yet whether to use 1/4" or 8mm steel plate for the brackets. Is 1/4" thick enough?

I am at work and don't have one in front of me but I think the stock steel plates are 1/4 inch thick. You will have to use the same thickness to get the bracket parallel with the rotor. The 5/8 bolt is on one side of the bracket and the 1/2 inch is bolted from the other side. If you were to use thicker, the bracket wouldn't be parallel to the rotor.

The stock plates are around 7mm thick if I remember correctly. However, the thickness of the rbacket depends on the caliper and rotor combo. You need to adjust the thickness to center the caliper. Like Larry said, the stock spindle is machined so that the bracket fits square over the spindle top and the spindle + the steering arm on the bottom (and this is on the other side of the spindle). If you need a thicker bracket to correct for rotor offset you need to have it machined down to oem thickness on either the top of bottom or possibly on both sides to correct for caliper centering.

The stock plates are around 7mm thick if I remember correctly. However, the thickness of the rbacket depends on the caliper and rotor combo. You need to adjust the thickness to center the caliper. Like Larry said, the stock spindle is machined so that the bracket fits square over the spindle top and the spindle + the steering arm on the bottom (and this is on the other side of the spindle). If you need a thicker bracket to correct for rotor offset you need to have it machined down to oem thickness on either the top of bottom or possibly on both sides to correct for caliper centering.

I'll use 8mm plate and mill de botton mounting tab till it is square to the rotor.

TT can you upload the SW bracket file? I'll modify it for 12,19" rotors and upload the result.

Thanks

Pacha

I looked through my files but can't seem to find it, I only have the DXF, I'll have to dig a little deeper, I must have misplaced it.