EGR Delete 90 L98

keywestjack

I am going to remove my egr. I purchased a block place for the manifold. My understanding is that I may get a 32 code. Any suggestions, BTW several years ago I removed the air pump etc. Thanks, Jack

You can get a prom tuned where the light on flag for code 32 is removed.

It may not come on at all though, or it may..maybe just once in a while. It's also not a code that will put the engine in limp mode

Apart from the blockoff plate, I have used those too but if you want original looks the easiest way is to simply cut a small piece of steel shim (or stainless steel shim) the size & shape of that little gasket between the transfer tube and the header and put that in between. Gasket on the header side and all looks original but no working EGR.

The EGR, depending on year and car model is monitored on by either a temp probe/switch on the EGR base. This is on MAF cars. On MAP cars the code is set if there's no manifold pressure drop w/ the EGR open

yes, but if it's leaking or not seating properly it will still allow inert gas to enter the intake, blocking the passage eliminates that and you can leave everything connected as is

yes, but if it's leaking or not seating properly it will still allow inert gas to enter the intake, blocking the passage eliminates that and you can leave everything connected as is

As with any intake having EGR on it, before installing it, I pour plaster of Paris through the passages, then RTV the ends so water don't get in there, AFTER the moisture is boiled out....

never an issue yet, even on this LT1 mani with the EGR stuff removed via sawzall so the L98 HEI can fit on the modded up back plane....

:clap::drink:

Replace plaster of paris with epoxy and you won't have to worry about a thing, clean off the sooth w/ a grinder or maybe even drill a hole to act as an anchor and it will never move. I would be worried that the plaster would eventually start to disintegrate and make it into the intake.