Parking brake option!!

You can buy that caliper directly from wilwood, it's a superlite or powerlite handbrake caliper:
Weird thing is, I've only seen it for sale in the UK, various race outlets there sell them. On the US page they are not in the catalog (or I'm blind)

The cable style is the same as on the aluminum PBR calipers used on F bodies.

You can buy that caliper directly from wilwood, it's a superlite or powerlite handbrake caliper:
Weird thing is, I've only seen it for sale in the UK, various race outlets there sell them. On the US page they are not in the catalog (or I'm blind)

The site said so but I know the USA wilwood site by heart, and I've never seen that caliper.

I am lookinf for the "perfect" parking brake solution and this may be it.

I didn't know there was a Europe Wilwood site.

Do you know how much is it?

Hydraulic Option?

You asked "Parking Brake"
Not E-Brake.
Here is an option for the Parking Brake to consider - and heaps cheaper:

thum_12694c32fad7715f3.jpg

It mounts in the cockpit and ties in to the brake line heading aft.
Sand buggies and rails use it - again only for Parking!
And it eliminates that Big "old handle" I mash my elbow on!

Depress the foot pedal-Lock this unit-Done. Reset this unit- brakes free! Relies on hydraulic pressure - so you'll always know if there ia a system leak! The car moved!

Cheers - Jim

You must mean using a line lock as a parking brake. That certainly wouldn't fly here.

That adjustable prop valve can only reduce brake pressure to the rear, it can not hold the pressure to act as a parking brake.

EDIT just looked again I mistakingly presumed it was an adjustable prop valve, didn't notice it was actually a push button lock.

Not E-Brake.

Depress the foot pedal-Lock this unit-Done. Reset this unit- brakes free! Relies on hydraulic pressure - so you'll always know if there ia a system leak! The car moved!

Cheers - Jim

That valve works good,we had them on our trucks. They won't release until you step on the brake pedal again.

I've also seen a ratchet setup on the brake pedal , just like a tractor.

Have any of you seen the one that uses a cable coming from the hand brake that pulls on the foot brake pedal ?

Not E-Brake.

Cheers - Jim

The version of that I had on my '70 Lemans/GTO tow car was in the front calipers, and I was told by the factory that it was only good for like 30 minit's time, after that the hydraulics tended to back off....

I used it for launch ramp safety, after seeing some schlep loose his pickup.....:twitch::eek::surrender:

OH, I forgot to mention, in one junkyard visit years ago, I spotted a rear caliper with a parking brake lever sticking out backside of it, pull the lever and it screwed the pistons home mechanically, locking the caliper....

I forget what car, but had considered it for the Lemans, and later the vette,

but really, who uses a parking brake??

I suppose all you out in California do, but us flatlanders don't bother....

:devil:

OH, I forgot to mention, in one junkyard visit years ago, I spotted a rear caliper with a parking brake lever sticking out backside of it, pull the lever and it screwed the pistons home mechanically, locking the caliper....

Cadillac had that caliper.

Dont know about Fl or elsewhere but here, use it or not, it's got to be on the car and working.

Same here, That´s why I need a working parking brake, and since I will be using wilwood rotor The drum brake is not usefull any longer.

Cadillac had that caliper.

THAT would make sense, as i'ts GM and probably would have fit the goat with relative ease, but not as easy as that line lock above...

I was just paranoid over the goat/rig having that sinking feeling....:crap:

but as far as a actual functional brake for a shark/any car with a tiny little ebrake drum....that would be the fix for it....

:beer:

Dont know about Fl or elsewhere but here, use it or not, it's got to be on the car and working.

Same here, That´s why I need a working parking brake, and since I will be using wilwood rotor The drum brake is not usefull any longer.

even when new, those brakes never held shit....not on any hill, maybe a very slight incline but not as steep as my driveway NOW, let alone the one up north with twice the angle.....

especially with car in the nose UP position, rolling backwards....huge difference in the grip of drum brakes in reverse...dunno why, just is....

but IF you can find one of them Caddy calipers....that's the for sure solution....in either direction....surely they can be mounted on the stock rotors we have .....get out your welder and some steel....

:hissyfit::shocking::beer:

I did the brakes on my daughter's 07 pontiac G-6 and the rear calipers have a lever on them for mechanical park brakes. I had to buy a tool to screw the piston back in to get the new pads on.

The site said so but I know the USA wilwood site by heart, and I've never seen that caliper.

I am lookinf for the "perfect" parking brake solution and this may be it.

I didn't know there was a Europe Wilwood site.

Do you know how much is it?

Ok my idea won´t work. The powerlite caliper with integral parking brake comes with 1.00" pistons only (too small for c3).:cry:
But I kept searching and found this

http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/calipers/sva_spot.htm

Fixed mount, not floating. Available for 1,25" disk and at a good price.
I have no idea how I will mount them but I will buy them and see. :idea:

Pacha

Last edited: