protouring c3 with solid rear axle, pics so far.

snakeater

SCUMBAG
Here is the progress so far. I acquired this project with the ford 9" rear already in it. It was being setup as a drag car and I have changed direction for a protouring car. Have a heavily built 377 to go in it as well as a world class t-5. Rear end has 3.89 gears, moser axles, detroit locker, 5/8 studs, and aluminum center section. QA1 coilover rear shocks. finished rebuilding the rear deck area with sheet metal and fiberglassed everything in. Cage was preinstalled as well. Started carpet kit in the rear the other day and it is a bitch fitting it around the cage. Rear still has to have the disc. brakes added and suspension lowered to tuck the rear wheels. Should tuck under about 2" and give the car a nice mean stance. Wheels are boss 338 in anthracite grey with polished lips, 20x10 rear and 18x8 front. engine/trans go in for test fit next week. Just got the rear glass put in last weekend. buttoning up a few things on the inside this week and installing all the new interior. Still looking for the right set of seats to go in the car. Hood should arrive any day now. Going to use a daytona style rear bumper cover with the raised spoiler. Pics.

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

yeah, I know but that line between pro-touring/pro-street is pretty blurred these days. Pro touring cars with cages and narrowed rear ends, pro- street cars with full interiors and 6 spds......This vette has zero body roll and will be used for autocross and general driving, so pro-touring is the moniker I slapped on it.

Hood came in today. Got to start thinking about modifying it. i don't really like the hood scoops that are available for this car so i was thinking of making my own. Something along the lines of a firebird ws6 ram air hood. Don't know.