C3 center link

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Can a bent center link be straightened with heat, or should it be done cold, or should I just get another one? They are expensive at $300.
The control valve is not parallel with the bar, so that short offset to the valve is tweaked.:(

300 bucks wow didnt realize they were that expensive. How did the valve get tweaked and are you sure it is tweaked ? I can look but I dont think the valve is parallel with the bar.

300 bucks wow didnt realize they were that expensive. How did the valve get tweaked and are you sure it is tweaked ? I can look but I dont think the valve is parallel with the bar.

Damnit, here I just about gave away all my stock steering shit, years ago....oh well....

and as I recall, I think DW above is correct,

:quote:

It is parallel:with the long straight section

24c0d063bd44af.jpg

It is parallel:with the long straight section
It sure is in that position,sorry Bird. TT if you rotate it 90 is it still parallel ?

Is the link bent in an arc or is the bend more of a kink (sharp bend). A gradual bend could be bumped back straight without heat.

I thought at least from some angles the valve was not parallel ,guess you'll have to judge Bird.
002-20.jpg

Is the link bent in an arc or is the bend more of a kink (sharp bend). A gradual bend could be bumped back straight without heat.

I already straightened the center out cold. Thx Larry

I thought at least from some angles the valve was not parallel ,guess you'll have to judge Bird.
002-20.jpg

Roger, because I already straightened out the center section, I thought that kick at the valve end was wrong. Now, I am almost sure it's the same as that picture. I swore the 81 was parallel both ways. I'll recheck the 81 again.
I also found it cheaper at $130.00. But, still alot of coin.
Thanks for the help guys.
TT, got a shot like Rodgers to verify?

This is the best I have here

249beef45e6295.jpg

Looks like it's not straight there either and that one came off my 82

Good old TT, always has the WILDEST SHOTS of anyone, that pix looks like a lunar lander or some such oddball device....

:rofl::tomato::drink: