Does this sound like a bad window motor or?

JeffP1167

My passenger side window only moves a few inches at a time then it will not do a thing for awhile. After I let it sit for awhile it works again then stops again, I've also noticed both wires for my trunk release on that door have power to them and will not unlock the trunk. I tried the switch for the trunk from the drivers door and it still wouldn't work. Not sure if this is related to my window issue though.

The switches on both doors for the passenger window cause the door glass to do the same thing, however the drivers window works just fine. I also noticed the plastic sheet that is supposed to cover the door was missing while the drivers door had one.

this is a 90 by the way but not sure if this door is a 90 since bubba had his way with the car. So I guess it could have a earlier problematic door on it but not sure how to tell the difference, I do know the door glass has a lot of play in it and you can pull it up by hand about a inch where as the drivers door you can't. This car was also hit hard on the passenger rear (1/4's had large area of glass repair) so the door might have been replaced and I do in fact have the earlier problematic door.

only moves a few inches at a time then it will not do a thing for awhile. After I let it sit for awhile it works again then stops again,

this is a typical symptom of a failing window motor, had the same problem/symptom with my Z28 ... numerous times... the motors from Auto Zone seem to last longer than the GM junk....