what to use to remove this glue?

JeffP1167

I am trying to really clean my console side pieces where the carpet goes on my 90. I am having a hell of a time with this dam glue the factory used, is there any chemical that will disolve it and not damage the plastic?

I used that Goo Gone stuff you get at Home Depot. Soaked the stuff for hours and scraped it. It was a bitch! I think I got about half of it. This is after trying acetone, laquer thinner and mineral spirits. They didn't touch it.

I used that Goo Gone stuff you get at Home Depot. Soaked the stuff for hours and scraped it. It was a bitch! I think I got about half of it. This is after trying acetone, laquer thinner and mineral spirits. They didn't touch it.

I got about 90% of the thick stuff off the sanded the rest but that shit is still sticky so maybe I will let it sit for a few days and see if it gets hard and then use spray on adhesive over it and see if that will make the carpet stick good enough.

Also where can I buy a staple gun for those really small staples they use to secure everything?

I got about 90% of the thick stuff off the sanded the rest but that shit is still sticky so maybe I will let it sit for a few days and see if it gets hard and then use spray on adhesive over it and see if that will make the carpet stick good enough.

Also where can I buy a staple gun for those really small staples they use to secure everything?

Home depot - some staplers do dual duty and shoot both types of staple.