Steering box seminar - Carlisle

GTR1999

Gearhead
Hey guys,
I've been letting people know I'll be hosting a steering box seminar this August at corvettes of carlisle. I'll go over rebuilding boxes from stock to blueprinted setup,greases,finishes, questions & answers. If you plan on coming to the show stop over and check it out. I'll post the date and time when I get them.

Hey guys,
I've been letting people know I'll be hosting a steering box seminar this August at corvettes of carlisle. I'll go over rebuilding boxes from stock to blueprinted setup,greases,finishes, questions & answers. If you plan on coming to the show stop over and check it out. I'll post the date and time when I get them.

if you need a test subject I would gladly donate one of mine...I would even pay shipping back and forth :p

Thanks Howard but I must have 6-8 cores here to use.
Phew. I actually thought of you Last Wednesday Gary, when I made a snap decision to throw my original (paranoid spare) steering box in the bin. I felt kinda guilty throwing something away that could be rebuilt but then reason kicked in and I knew it'd just sit in a corner for ever. F*ck it, in the bin it went...

New GM Steering Box question

Long story short version! I have a GM box I purchased many moons ago directly from GM. It's on my on going project car that has been driven maybe 500 miles in that time span. I always had a dead spot in the steering by figured the steering valve was the problem. Yesterday I had a local corvette 'guru' take a look at some stuff on my car and he felt the problem was that the new box might need to be adjusted but also said it may not have grease installed from the factory.

My question is would the factory not put grease in a new gear box and label it with some sort of warning sticker? What is the best way to add grease if necessary and finally how to correctly adjust the box if it has play?

Thanks guy!

Hey guys,