If you have taken apart or rebuilt 1990-up doors step in.

JeffP1167

I got these from a friend they seem really nice. They are gutted however but in far nicer shape then the ones currently on my 90 project car. My plan is to rebuild everything inside the doors and then swap them on my car verses taking my other doors apart and having them apart and the car open to the weather.

My questions are is everything in these doors riveted or bolted together? Anyone have favorite suppliers of window regulators, motors, bushings etc. etc.

Another reason for buying the doors (got them for 45.00 bucks) is the paint is nice and needs far less prepping then my other doors and so far I have a white hood, bumpers, 1/4 fenders in front of doors. I've actually considered painting this car white anyways because I really hate washing a car everyday.

So how do I build these doors to keep them rattle free and so everything works perfectly? (only the drivers power window works in my other doors everything else between the two doors doesn't anyways)

doors.jpg

I have a 90 and have taken mine aprt. They have rivets and screws holding parts together. It's a pain in the @ss the 1st time you pull em apart and put em back together. As far as rattling, that's gonna comedown to the weatherstripping and various pieces that hold the glass in place. Mine rattle like no other as I have yet to replace the stripping. Good luck and take your time! Also, the GM Corvette manual will help you with the diagrams.