Project murder-vette is offically under way

snakeater

SCUMBAG
Ok so heres the basis of the murder-vette. First off murdered out (all black). Already black on black, but that's not good enough. Three piece billet wheels are on the way after being black anodized, all the trim and chrome is gone and off to powder. What next you ask? Stock l-48 is going bye bye and in its place will be a force-fed heavy breathing 377 starting with a world class block, scat rotating assemply and dart heads the size of pie plates on the inside. Rear mounted twin tubo setup and as yet to be determined fuelly system to feed the beast. And you guessed it, all black. Don't feel bad all you pastel color lovers, I am just painting it black until they come up with something darker. Decisions still have to be made regarding transmission, rear end gearing. I can tell you that the suspension will also be getting the full auto cross treatment as this machines sole purpose in life, besides hauling me around "johnny Cash style", will be to eat new zo6's whenever the urge strikes. I am tired of "the if it ain't shiny new it ain't fast" crowd. We intend to keep some of these folks way up past their bedtime. snakeater

i say don't do the rear mount turbos. Same money spent on frt mount, results will be better.

There's log manifolds on ebay every now & then that are not the banks ones w/ the wastegate up front that might interfere w/ a arms. They might just fit and logs are reliable & sturdy and you won't loose a lot over headers.

i say don't do the rear mount turbos. Same money spent on frt mount, results will be better.

There's log manifolds on ebay every now & then that are not the banks ones w/ the wastegate up front that might interfere w/ a arms. They might just fit and logs are reliable & sturdy and you won't loose a lot over headers.

Keep in mind that I have never done this...BUT, wouldn't truck rear output manifolds flipped over upside down, give a nice clear exit to the upper front and then a bend into a turbo becomes somewhat easier??

my observation based on some recollections of these sort of projects over the years on the 'net....

:flash::ghost:

I've not been on this forum long and can't hold a candle to the knowledge available.

That said, I've already learned to pay attention when some of these luminaries speak...

This project is rite up my alley!!!Black,twin turbo,Sounds good so far!!LOL!

I understand that the rear mounted turbo's are not the most popular choice here, and everyone wants to come up with a different way to built a car other than their own. Fact is I only plan on running about 5-7 psi of boost to get the desired effect. Stealth and factory appearance are paramount to me. I am not building to anyone elses specs, but my own. If this system is done correctly it will be almost invisible, that's what I am after. If someone on here has actually installed a STS turbo setup and did not like it and then replaced it with another setup, then by all means step up and be heard. Other system are going to require me to cut my car up or build a new hood, not what I want. I plan to hide everything in such a way as to deter any casual lookers as to her true "colors", then only after close inspection or race will the truth be known. That is what I want, not a chromed out show beast the lives in my garage. My selection of parts has been a long time coming, And yes i have done my homework.

I understand that the rear mounted turbo's are not the most popular choice here, and everyone wants to come up with a different way to built a car other than their own. Fact is I only plan on running about 5-7 psi of boost to get the desired effect. Stealth and factory appearance are paramount to me. I am not building to anyone elses specs, but my own. If this system is done correctly it will be almost invisible, that's what I am after. If someone on here has actually installed a STS turbo setup and did not like it and then replaced it with another setup, then by all means step up and be heard. Other system are going to require me to cut my car up or build a new hood, not what I want. I plan to hide everything in such a way as to deter any casual lookers as to her true "colors", then only after close inspection or race will the truth be known. That is what I want, not a chromed out show beast the lives in my garage. My selection of parts has been a long time coming, And yes i have done my homework.

I like your style! :clap:
It's your car, your build, do it your way!

You're building something to meet your tastes and needs, not someone elses. :cool:

FWIW, a good friend of mine has the STS twin system on his C5 Z06 and loves it!
He's having a new motor built
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44697&highlight=427
and intends to go back with the same system. That's got to say something. Anyone can do "bling."

Keep up the good work and seriously, post some pics as you go :drink:

I too, like your style, no manuals, no kits, no particular pattern, just do it your way, the way olde tyme hortodders been doing out back in the pits for decades.....

I sorta lay claim to efforts in that pattern myself.....

:crutches::friends::flash:

Trust me when I tell you that not every one will see your vision out of the gate but,will come around as it develops.Been there!Stick to your plan and build your car.It is cool to see others vision come to life.Rear mount turbos will not require intercoolers.(Still a lot of plumbing,but very cool.)You will get a lot of helpful advise here though,so take and use what you want or can,and keep your vision!

We will be watching!!!LOL!

at some point I plan to build a no top, shiny exposed cage, can am type car. This ain't it. It is hard enough to have a stock corvette, lets face it noone ever built a sleeper-vette. People see them and expect performance, I just want to make sure everyone gets more than they bargained for. Underestimation is the name of the game.

at some point I plan to build a no top, shiny exposed cage, can am type car. This ain't it. It is hard enough to have a stock corvette, lets face it noone ever built a sleeper-vette. People see them and expect performance, I just want to make sure everyone gets more than they bargained for. Underestimation is the name of the game.

Stealth, like a Q-ship.......:D:flash:

That's what I was going to do, chop teh roof off, leave it open w/ just a cage and a small lexan windshield like Howards car. I'm getting stick of the birdcage structure, I want it gone.

matter of fact..........I am currently looking for the next project car. Beater C-3 that I can make a snazzy, topless monster out of. I was thinking of removing the top and using something like two loops behind the seats tied to the frame. Chop down the windshield and really smooth the whole car out. Prerecuisits are big loud exhaust and something sticking up through the hood. Also drag radials on the back for good measure. That is the NEXT project, this one I am currently doing is the antithisis of that. No show, all go. Flashy is easy to build, subtlety takes time and effort.

It all sounds good to me!There are a few true sleepers lurking around here however.Bone stock looks,550+hp.Still mild or wild on the looks its whats under the hood that counts!HP=fun!It's cool to see the different ideas of people though.I have found that a lot of people share the same views and ideas.I usually find very little new.If I dig long enough someone has done it or something similar.Sometimes something new comes out of left field.I enjoy the ideas and different approaches of some of these monsters!That's why I encourage not loosing the vision.Being a first at something is what is hard.
Everyone has there own idea of the perfect car though!I'm lookin forward to watching this one.:thumbs: