Herb Adams Book

BRUTAL64

Neanderthal
I just came across. at work here, Herb Adams book - CHASSIS ENGINEERING. Looks like good reading.:loveletter:

He even talks about the C2 and C3 rear IRS. He doesn't seem to like it too much.:rain:

Last edited:
Most excellent book! Covers all the basic need to know stuff. Fred Mann has a relativly good book too, how to make your car handle. If you want serious headache type reading, get the milliken Chassis Design book.

IMHO Herb let himself get somewhat commercial (considering his interests at the time) on the poly vs. nylon bushing issue, and he does hate on the C2/C3 a bit, but he also went into depth on a number of topics which many other books on handling merely fluff over. So, on the whole I recommend you add it to your library. Another worthy addition would be Carroll Smith's Tune to Win, chief among other titles of his.

IMHO Herb let himself get somewhat commercial (considering his interests at the time) on the poly vs. nylon bushing issue, and he does hate on the C2/C3 a bit, but he also went into depth on a number of topics which many other books on handling merely fluff over. So, on the whole I recommend you add it to your library. Another worthy addition would be Carroll Smith's Tune to Win, chief among other titles of his.

I've got Herb's book, along with three of Smith's books. Smith was (I believe he passed away recently) a bright guy, with a very interesting dry wit. His books make for some damn interesting reading.

How about a "Recommended Reading" section on this forum????????

Listing books such as those listed above in their perspective categories...
With a little review attached..........

....Suspension
....Engine
....Etc.

Also listing books not to waste your money on..........!!!!!.........??????

Just a thought.......

....Suspension
....Engine
....Etc.

Just a thought.......

Yea, I'll SECOND that.:thumbs:

Most excellent book! Covers all the basic need to know stuff. Fred Mann has a relativly good book too, how to make your car handle. If you want serious headache type reading, get the milliken Chassis Design book.

I think the "How to Make Your Car Handle" book is about the best book for laymen. Everything described is in pretty easy to understand and apply terms. Beyond this level and you're really getting into actual engineering IMO.

Okay, I'll see what I can do. I'll see if I can create something where a list of suggested reading can be displayed (and edited :) in case some wisecracker starts adding stuff we don't want there :) )

....Suspension
....Engine
....Etc.

Just a thought.......

Great idea--and how about the titles have a poll with them so we could rate & reveiw them?
(And then make that section required reading for all noobs before they are allowed to post anywhere but Introductions...:wink:)

Great idea--and how about the titles have a poll with them so we could rate & reveiw them?
(And then make that section required reading for all noobs before they are allowed to post anywhere but Introductions...:wink:)

oh my :eek:

I just came across. at work here, Herb Adams book - CHASSIS ENGINEERING. Looks like good reading.:loveletter:

You made me do it.......:D

Went by Barnes & Nobles (less than a mile from the shop) Friday and bought
one to add to my "collection" (as the wife puts it) ..... now I need to find time
to read it.... ;)