Coleman Monoball Upper Ball Joint?

I've been looking at using them to replace the outer heim joint for rear upper control. Replace the tapered stud with a bolt

Ed Howe sells some longer than stock replacement Corvette mounting style upper ball joints but I don`t think they are monoball...

Does monoball mean there is a hole through the ball? I can live without that. I wish someone published the dimension from the pivot center. I already have the Moog "tall" truck balljoints and my eyeball guess is that they are about 1/2 taller to the ball.

I have those:

24819ba2b7c0d3.jpg

It's a sperhical ball joint with a tapered stud through it that you cans him up and down. Much like an adjustable tie rod end.

24be339313b9ea.jpg

24be3395c0d60f.jpg

24be3396fda876.jpg

Those are Coleman.

Howe sells their precision modularl extended joint. It's a std. 3 bolt/rivet joint that can be installed on the stock arm. Alex was running those.

http://www.howeracing.com/c-510-howe-precision-ball-joints.aspx

Savitske sells them too
http://www.scandc.com/balljoints.htm

balljoints2.jpg

Here's a picture of the Howe ball joints. They come with a spacer to keep the boot up against the ball joint (flat black piece under the boot).

The only issue I had with these ball joints is the cotter pin hole was so low on the stud it didn't engage the castle nut correctly. However, that was easily fixed using an ARP washer underneath the nut.

8648296a5404fa2.jpg

Replicate

Hey TT :rolleyes: Would you have the distributors part numbers for those Control arms and the Ball joints? That would be a great help. Thanks :drink:

I have those:

24819ba2b7c0d3.jpg

It's a sperhical ball joint with a tapered stud through it that you cans him up and down. Much like an adjustable tie rod end.

24be339313b9ea.jpg

24be3395c0d60f.jpg

24be3396fda876.jpg

Yes, mine are pole position brand, they were bought out. Get them from Savitske, theirs are the correct bolt spacing on the cross shaft. Mine are not (there was no such thing back then :) )