Competition Fiberglass still out there?

racervette69

Underachiever
Anyone know if Competition fiberglass is still in business.
gt1x65pb.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't I see a pic of you test fitting those flares on? I remember you posting a pic of some extra wide rear flares.

Competition Fiberglass was renamed years ago.....Brian/Wava Utt call themselves Motorsport Composite.....look for them in Mequon WI. If you want Corvette parts you should probably try and deal with Wava, Brian grew a big head once he started doing developmental work for Carl Haas/Lola. Last I heard he was building race cars in China for an upstart Chinese racing series.
redvetracr

Competition Fiberglass was renamed years ago.....Brian/Wava Utt call themselves Motorsport Composite.....look for them in Mequon WI. If you want Corvette parts you should probably try and deal with Wava, Brian grew a big head once he started doing developmental work for Carl Haas/Lola. Last I heard he was building race cars in China for an upstart Chinese racing series.
redvetracr

If thats them, I think they sold all the C3 molds, called them about three years ago, they gave me a number to call. Seems like his name was Paul Carney that brought the molds?? I think I spoke with Wava.

You are right, thanks for the help. I talked to Wava, the molds belonged to Paul Carnary and he was letting them use them. They are now somewhere in CA. so, end of story unless someone knows where to find Mr Carnary. Did he race in the 24 hr of Daytona with a widebody C3? 78-79?

If thats them, I think they sold all the C3 molds, called them about three years ago, they gave me a number to call. Seems like his name was Paul Carney that brought the molds?? I think I spoke with Wava.

Paul Canary owned some of those molds all along (the Greenwood stuff), he just let Utt use (and store) them, the rear clip was probably Utt`s, he gave away a bunch of molds for parts he didn`t want to build anymore. Canary was an IMSA Corvette racer NOT a fiberglass guy, Utt was a Corvette racer who got into the fiberglass business, to be honest once the Utt`s started dealing with people like Carl Haas and building parts out of carbon fiber they didn`t have time for the Corvette crowd anymore...you might try Kerry Hitt (somewhere in PA if I remember correctly). I have access to a Competition products 78-82 rear clip w/L-88 flares if your interested, it`s located at the IL/WI state line and the guy won`t ship it...no rear window and no rear bumper.
redvetracr