1330 Driveshat any issues?

Ssamara

Hey guys I have a HD rear end in my 74, and the drive shaft that was sent to me with my tko is for a 1310 read end. That doesn't work so I need to put in a 1330, does a 1330 yoke fit on the driveshaft without any issues? Let me see if I am making sense right now the end of my drive shaft has 1310 yoke, but my rear end is a 1330 should I just get a 1310 1330 U joint or chop it off and install a 1330 all around. Will I have any fitment issues with the 1330 in the tunnel?
Thank you sorry if it doesn't make sense. :huh2:

You'll need a bastard joint. The 1310 joint is a small joint w/ small caps. There are 2 sizes for these caps. The 1330 is a large body (1350 size) joint w/ small 1310 sized caps. As a result there are 2 of those also. Check the conversion joints, easiest way out.

Well what I have now is two 1310 meaning all four are 1310, I was wondering if I were to chop the end off and have them weld in a 1330 joint on all four sides if the 1330 will fit or hit the body?

I needed a bastard joint for the driveshaft to differential yoke also, I think the larger part of the joint was on the driveshaft.... anyways.... Napa/ZOne/Advance have these U-joints - even solid ones without grease nipple....

I did it on my 68 which I expect has the tightest clearance because the solid body mounts. I have a TKO500 with a modified Ford C6 take apart yoke. The engine is in at 4 degrees and the yoke is very close to the tunnel but clears.

Since my body is off the car it's hard to tell where the diff sits does anyone have any under the car shots of the diff and driveshaft?

BBShark I am running a TKO 600 with a BB as well so I don't know what the angle and all will be but I need it to be as storng as possible so I am hoping to fit the 1330's under there.

Are all half shafts 1350s?

Thanks again guys!

My diff has 1350 axles (3.625 width and 1.188 caps). Pinion yoke is 1330 series (3.625 width w/ 1.062 caps), same as the trans yoke.

My car is a big block also. If you need any measurements, let me know.

Since my body is off the car it's hard to tell where the diff sits does anyone have any under the car shots of the diff and driveshaft?

BBShark I am running a TKO 600 with a BB as well so I don't know what the angle and all will be but I need it to be as storng as possible so I am hoping to fit the 1330's under there.

Are all half shafts 1350s?

Thanks again guys!

Yes all STOCK shafts are 1350.You can get a real HD axle with 1480's but that requires some machine work. What do you mean you have a HD rear end? Unless custom build?

GM made all the diff's the same, except for their "HD" side yokes which I'm not sold on being all that much better for a street car then the "std" u-bolt yokes. There was no HD posi as many believe. There was supposed to be some shot peening done to the early posi cases for the first BB's but that design case was prone to cracking with any engine combo and replaced by '69.