Is this ok?

Jclgodale3

or is a braided hose necessary between the Walbro pump and filter? Opinions?

fuelsetup.jpg

IMO< YES....as long as it's properly clamped FI hose and clamps, I use hose rated for FI to 250 psi and it's stamped in RED....I think that mechanical connection is going to lead to something breaking, mainly the pump plastic end there....with vibration, I don't like it at all...

under the engine compartment from the stock lines to the engine and from rail to regulator, I used black cloth covered braided steel reinforced Aeroquip hose....found the rubber tended to pulse too much, then the injector batches fired when grabbed I could feel it, and figgered too much oddball pressure problems contributed to irregular idle, and so that helped a LOT....

:thumbs:

My $0.02, the pump has a high frequency vibration. Attach that with a solid aluminum link = bad idea. But thinking the aviation industry people know a lot more than me.

From an aircraft standpoint, a bend in the line-- "S" bend would have done the deal. There are ZERO fluid lines on a plane that are straight.

From an aircraft standpoint, a bend in the line-- "S" bend would have done the deal. There are ZERO fluid lines on a plane that are straight.

:flash::eek:h: ??? why that??

2 reasons- 1 is that the straight line has no flex- any pulses in pressure have no place to go and cause vibration that leads to cracks. A crack in a 3000 psi line is a bad thing. The other reason is just a simple hookup. You can flex a hard line just enough to get it to connect. A straight line you can't get that to happen.