Wilwood direct replacements or superlite calipers?

Yellow73SB

What should I get? I think the superlite calipers may be cheaper overall.

It would also be easier to add a brake recirculator in.

Although the direct replacements would be using a larger brake pad.

Will the superlite fit in a 15" wheel?

On the corvette engineering site it says you must have a 16" wheel. But Nascar's have huge brake inside a 15" wheel

What should I get? I think the superlite calipers may be cheaper overall.

It would also be easier to add a brake recirculator in.

Will the superlite fit in a 15" wheel?

On the corvette engineering site it says you must have a 16" wheel. But Nascar's have huge brake inside a 15" wheel

Yeah there is room for slightly bigger rotors too... :) thats why I bought the VBP billet hubs...

If you gonna race you need to get what your class allows...

With this car we will just be running it for fun, not worried about racing.

It looks like the direct fit are running $250 each, I might as well get some high dollar take offs from a cup car

We will see, just auto-xing for right now.

Don't be concerned with brake pad area. Most modern brake pads have a smaller area because the materials they are made from require a higher unit area pressure (PSI) than the materials available in the 60's. I see people talk about maximizing pad areas but I don't see anyone making a giant caliper with a brake pad that covers the entire disk. Think about it. If brake pad area were the magic bullet to better brakes, somebody would be making a giant caliper.

now... thinking about this... wouldn't a 40 piston calipper that covers 270 degrees of the rotor (that's 75%) be THE BOMB ????

Think about drum brakes and how much those shoes covered ... 300 degrees out of the 360 degrees available ??? Nobody made 6" wide drums either.....

I know I am exaggerating, just trying to add food for the discussion.... think about heat transfer .....

While we are thinking, think about a rotor 100% covered. Now, where does the heat go?
Brakes disapate the energy as heat.
The rotor need to radiate that heat in cycles of pad/free area.