62vette

picked up my dream car recently which is a 1962 soft top only car
it comes fitted with jim meyer IFS+C4 dana 36 IRS has a
new 350 ramjet crate motor and rolls on 8x17 tt'2'S
S7003737.jpg
S7003738.jpg
S7003740.jpg
S7003728.jpg

Very nice.:thumbs: I love the 57-62's, especially the ones that are retro rodded.

Very nice.:thumbs: I love the 57-62's, especially the ones that are retro rodded.

Last Kissemmee show, in Orlando area, that I attended 3 years ago before the great depression....we saw some VERY slick retro rodded C1's.....and this one could join that club in a heatbeat....

the prices were as much or MORE for a resto rod than OEM NCRS stuff....

:smash::thumbs:

Very beautiful. Reminds me of the yellow one Boyd did that was supposed to be black. Classic looks & modern performance. Saweet!!! Good to see someone using the 350 ramjet :)

Sat here looking for a minit, thinking of what I would do.....

Burgundy metallic, silver ghost flames, black metallic side scoops....

maybe a accent on the hood......

my first car was a '60 vette, red, in '66 paid 1000 bux...500 down, dad cosigned at the bank for the other 500.....

fucking insurance alone was really put a hurting on date money....

:gurney::ill::banghead:

62vette this thread could not have came at a better time. I am in the process of buying a set of Torque Thrust 2 wheels for a 61 and need to know what size wheels and tires will fit under the the car before I order them. It would be a BIG help if you could let me know what size wheels and tires are on your 62.

Thanks
Phil

62vette this thread could not have came at a better time. I am in the process of buying a set of Torque Thrust 2 wheels for a 61 and need to know what size wheels and tires will fit under the the car before I order them. It would be a BIG help if you could let me know what size wheels and tires are on your 62.

Thanks
Phil
my car had 8x17 TT2 wheels with 5"back space and had 245+255 tires but my car has a jimmy meyer frontsuspension+c4 IRS rear(no leaf springs)plus i did not drive the car to see if they fouled anywhere. if your car has stock suspension they may not work for you

Thanks
Phil

Whatcha got going on there, Phil?

Thanks
Phil

Whatcha got going on there, Phil?

My dad is finally bought himself a straight axle however it has been sitting for a few years and the tires are shot. I want to get him a set of Torque Thrust 2 wheels and tires for Christmas however when going to 16 inch wheels I have NO idea what will fit the car.

Thanks
Phil
my car had 8x17 TT2 wheels with 5"back space and had 245+255 tires but my car has a jimmy meyer frontsuspension+c4 IRS rear(no leaf springs)plus i did not drive the car to see if they fouled anywhere. if your car has stock suspension they may not work for you

62Vette, thank you for the information and it id a good looking car you have.

P1020642.jpg
P1020647.jpg
P1020648.jpg
P1020652.jpg
P1020656.jpg
P1020657.jpg
P1020658.jpg
P1020662.jpg
P1020663.jpg

P1020625.jpg
P1020627.jpg
P1020629.jpg
002-1.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
008-1.jpg

62Vette, some sweet work going on there, but one thing I a bit concerned about is the extended rack input shaft and the lack of support at the associated universal...I suspect it's going to be a bit of loading and unwanted movement to that lower universal on that long a shaft....

maybe to test that thing before putting much miles on it???

I scared of the rack input bearing being under too much stress....

:flash::goodnight::bonkers: