A solid 'clunk' can be.......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
A GOOD thing, IF you remember to replace the TCC solenoid in your lockup automatic tranny, for IF you don't the absence of that CLUNK will make your life filthy and miserable....

that's twice now, once on the 200 in the vette, and once on the 700 in the Clamper project.....

:surrender: so remember to activate that bastard before you have to drop the pan again.....

:hissyfit::suicide::smash:

if the TCC doesn't lock up you will burn up the tranny in 4th gear due to the way the oil system is designed w/ the 4th gear and oil cooler circulation w/ lockup engaged.

if the TCC doesn't lock up you will burn up the tranny in 4th gear due to the way the oil system is designed w/ the 4th gear and oil cooler circulation w/ lockup engaged.

Well, I HOPE I didn't do any damage, but drove it around the hood here trying to get lockup, and never did, but got no sound outta the solenoid either....

so tmrw will tell the tale if I got lockup...tranny oil in the pan never got hardly any indication on the gauge, and was only vaguely hot to the touch..maybe 120-130f at most....

got a ten row cooler on it...it's supposed to lock in 4th when hot...but dunno that it ever got that hot....can't hit the freeways yet as it's not totally legally tagged yet, got my old truck tag on it....which expires sunday......

:censored::surrender: