Is this how C4 1990 seatbelt receivers are?

JeffP1167

Mine come up vertically from below the center console and a a inch just before the receiver latch assembly they bend at a 90 degree angle. Sorta like where the belt would slip into it is pointed straight at the drivers door.

I thought definitely damaged but then my passenger side seatbelt receiver is the same way.

Car has sport seats if that would be why they are both like this. I can't even get them to straighten up so thats why I am curious if they came from the factory like this.

I will try and post a picture later today to better describe this.

Heres what I mean, I've tried to straighten it but it returns to this shape immediately.

seatbelt.jpg

The original buckle sleeve for my 70 is strait. 40 years old...a little beat up, but strait.

Your's almost looks like it is suppose to be like that. I found this pic of a C4...not sure if it is a 90. Looks strait in the pic.

seat.jpg

The original buckle sleeve for my 70 is strait. 40 years old...a little beat up, but strait.

Your's almost looks like it is suppose to be like that. I found this pic of a C4...not sure if it is a 90. Looks strait in the pic.

seat.jpg

The receivers in this picture look right. Yours look like they are bent over too much.