What's this for?

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
I found what looked like a duplicate rear plate light, screwed to the lower part of the bumper. I pulled the bulb holder out and the bulb lit with the ignition on. I found it referred to as the Spare Wheel Light. WTF is it for...?

I found what looked like a duplicate rear plate light, screwed to the lower part of the bumper. I pulled the bulb holder out and the bulb lit with the ignition on. I found it referred to as the Spare Wheel Light. WTF is it for...?

Changing a flat at night.

Ahhh... Thanks Jeff. Is there a switch for it somewhere? With the ignition on, if I pull the bulb holder out of the little bracket thing, the bulb comes on. When I push it back in, the light goes off. I thought it was a dodgy connection...

Ahhh... Thanks Jeff. Is there a switch for it somewhere? With the ignition on, if I pull the bulb holder out of the little bracket thing, the bulb comes on. When I push it back in, the light goes off. I thought it was a dodgy connection...

Wayne, you been had by a bored engineer.....:smash::surrender::tomato:

It's a back up license plate light you can never have to many of them :thumbs: