Light bulb help...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
This is going to sound really silly, but there's nowhere out here I can talk to anyone about light bulb interchangeability etc without me ending up with a headache!

So here goes.

I've replaced my tail lights with Lamborghini tail lights (true story) and the backup light is actually a marker light and has a 5w bulb in it. I want to replace that with a lovely bright white LED "bulb". However... I can't find any reference as to what "my" bulbs are. Stamped onto them is 12v R5w E1 2FX B8. I've looked online but the only hits I get are for the same incandescent bulb.

Can any whips on bulbs and LED's tell me what I'm looking for please? If I ask anyone out here, they'll just give me an identical bulb - I'd have more luck explaining it to the dog!

I told you it was a silly question :amazed:

There's plenty of places on the net Gene that sell LEDs, I just can't find something for what I want. I'm not really replacing it, I want to put a brighter bulb than what's already in there, hence my confusion... :huh:

There's plenty of places on the net Gene that sell LEDs, I just can't find something for what I want. I'm not really replacing it, I want to put a brighter bulb than what's already in there, hence my confusion... :huh:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ction=DispPage&Page2Disp=/BA9S6_specs.htm#ba9

I called about some Camper application for marker lights,and they didn't know shit....all they could say is order one and try it....

since I want/need some 50+ bux of the things, and I would just as soon put some detail to BED for christsakes, I have not done anything....

even here it's almost 2 weeks for shipping, and then the shipping for ONE device to TRY is a stupid chance...maybe as well as Loss Vegas....

:crap:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ction=DispPage&Page2Disp=/BA9S6_specs.htm#ba9

I called about some Camper application for marker lights,and they didn't know shit....all they could say is order one and try it....

since I want/need some 50+ bux of the things, and I would just as soon put some detail to BED for christsakes, I have not done anything....

even here it's almost 2 weeks for shipping, and then the shipping for ONE device to TRY is a stupid chance...maybe as well as Loss Vegas....

That's why I was hoping someone on the forum could jump in and tell me what I need...

That's why I was hoping someone on the forum could jump in and tell me what I need...

I hear you, and all ears myself, but from everything I have read...and it's a goodly bit with searches and all, I seriously wish us luck....

:clobbered:

Any takers...?

post up a pic of the bulb Wayne. I might be able to help you out. and what is the year and model is the bulb out of.

This is the bulb:
907_1ob.jpg

I want to replace it with something lots brighter to use as backup lights.

This is the bulb:
907_1ob.jpg

Measure the OD of the bayonet mount. It is probably 9mm or 15mm. Then do a search for BA9s or BA15s LED bulbs. The BA is for bayonet, 9 is mm dia. and s is for single contact.

This is the bulb:
907_1ob.jpg

Measure the OD of the bayonet mount. It is probably 9mm or 15mm. Then do a search for BA9s or BA15s LED bulbs. The BA is for bayonet, 9 is mm dia. and s is for single contact.

Well, ok, good one little mystery has been decoded....but when I want to save money by soldering in bulbs on a NEVER FAIL basis, and CHEEP....I need to know the metals the base is made of....IE..can I solder to it, then seal it up forever???

no contacts, moisture/corrosion...forever...that is my issue dealing with older light displays/sockets/clips/contacts....eff all that shit, do it once forever....

:hissyfit::wink:

This is the bulb:
907_1ob.jpg

Bingo, exactly the information I needed! Thanks mate :thumbs::thumbs:

This is the bulb:
907_1ob.jpg

You can probably find what you want on this webpage, good luck!

http://autolumination.com/otherleds.htm

The web page I linked to gives the measurements for the bulbs they sell