JR & Wife attempt at restoring the interior of his 79'

trooper0692

After looking at some of the restoration jobs here, I almost backed out of posting what my wife and I consider a gallant effort at restoring the interior of my 79' Vette, with no previous experience. Although working on the Vette has been rewarding, the secondary and third affects of building a teamwork relationship kind of thing with my wife has been just as rewarding. The vette is now in the shop, in that after installing the new dash, my instrument panel/dash lights and every other light on or around the dash stopped working... Ha!

Still at it... Will post after picture

Attachments

• carphotos.mht
    2 MB · Views: 47
I enjoy working with my wife on projects, and they are many and varied from the house to cars to camper/motor homes, to whatEVER....

:friends::friends: not many chicks know how to effectively back up a guy on a jobsite, but SHE does....

:D:crutches: and yes, I need it....:crap:

My wife has helped me pull the engine and trans. and then put them back in. She knows just what to do when removing the hood. Hell, she helped me build the shop before we were married and then the two of us completely built our house together.

My wife has helped me pull the engine and trans. and then put them back in. She knows just what to do when removing the hood. Hell, she helped me build the shop before we were married and then the two of us completely built our house together.

:clap: the whole thing, ground up?? wife and I have rebuilt our kitchen as in made cabinets, tore out a bearing utility wall, moved the air handler-HVAC, water heater, chisled floor for utilities to the new island, made counter tops, tiled it all, redid the washer/dryer, redid all the windows/doors, relayed the l/room hall ceiling/crown moulding, 3 covered decks, two concrete, one tiled under a glass atrium, redid the baths, put in a 72x42 Jacuzzi hot tub...., carpeting, I give her ALL the credit for living in a dust bowl for over 4 years,
there there are the vehicle projects....many of them, MANY...

:banned:

Don't you just love when you turn a screw and the whole shebang craps out:gurney:

When you're done you and your wife will have that fantastic feeling of accomplishment:thumbs:

Yeah, the only things we hired were the slab, the stonework on the outside and the steel roof. I would have done the roof, but it's a two story 7&12 pitch steel. I almost slid off the one story section putting in a new skylight after a hail storm. Scared the shit out of me. At 57, I don't bounce anymore!