Are these factory mirror wind deflectors? Or imitations? And will they fit my 90?

The guy has the original GM boxes and the parts look better than the repro crap. Don't know for sure but I am guessing they are OEM.

Those are oem, they are pretty straight at the top, the repros are attached with double sided tape and more curvy, these were standard on convertibles

Cool ..... I bought a left & right one. If I choose not to put them on is the 35 I paid for each the going rate or can I get more for them?

hey, it's for a camaro not a corvette so the corvette price inflation doesn't apply :)

Can't be, I know someone who bought one for 1K, they are worth nothing LOL Can't be that that wind deflector is more than 1/100th of a total car

Supply and demand ..... You don't see NOS ones very often hahaha .... I love this messed up economy having a good job and now I can buy parts cheap for my vette project! Right now I'm just collecting all the parts I need, next major purchases will be exhaust, wheel bearings, brake upgrade, and suspension rebuild parts. I figure as long as the doors open and close it can be fixed up hahaha.

Marck

You sure these will fit camaro mirrors? These seemed contoured to fit the vettes mirrors but the f-bodies look flatter where this piece mounts.

"the repros are attached with double sided tape and more curvy, these were standard on convertibles "

These ones are pretty curvy too BTW but fit my mirrors real nice. Looks like you would either use screws or rivets to attach them.

Anyone have pictures of the repros?

I found this picture on the web and mine seem identical too the one pictured.

mirrordeflectors.jpg

I found this picture which I guess is a "repro" not even close to what I bought.

mirrordeflectorrepro.jpg

Last edited:
Wind noise

I think I heard that it was used to deflect the water down away from the side windows, and up top in a rainstorm driving shituation....

What they were aiming for was that split in the weather stripping above the side window...where the top folded....and it seemed to work there, but the rest of the weather stripping was a joke as we know...

:eek: