where are the light bulbs for DIC switches & headlight switch.

JeffP1167

The letters on my 90's DIC center for the fuel selection mode don't light up. Is there an internal bulb behind the buttons or something? Also what about the headlight switch?

I remember there were 4? bulbs behind the DIC on my '87, and that the sockets on the PCB needed soldering due to them being hot and the solder suffering from the long term heat....that and the pins on the end where it plugs in, they tend to get loose from the foil on the board....so I resoldered it all...

I know similar bulbs are in the center switch section .....by now maybe those would have the same problems? mine did not...

I would maybe investigate putting in high intensity LED's maybe Radio Shack??

or here....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/led_prods.htm

:thumbs:

For anyone interestedI took a spare DIC I bought for 5 bucks apart today. There are two small bulbs inside of it that provide the lighting for the switches.

This is probably the same for all 90-96 cars not sure if earlier years are the same. The headlight switch will probably be similiar as this and I will post pics when I do that.

0315100946.jpg

when you remove the switch pod you can see the light bulb sockets in it. If you cant remove them simply remove the 5 small phillips screws and the back cover will come off and you can pull the bulbs out that way. (nothing will fall out when you remove the back cover)

0315100935.jpg

0315100937.jpg

The DIC changed with the LT1, they have more and other features so a few buttons are dual purpose and have been moved around a little, 92 and 93 have a fuel info button instead of the inst. av. and gauges where range is, the 94 and later are also different

here is where the back light bulbs are on the 90's headlight switch. The one with the socket with two wires going to it illuminates the orange lettering on the headlight switch and between the two phillips screws on the bottom there is another bulb.

headlightswitchbulb.jpg