Ebay service manuals for a 1990 corvette?

JeffP1167

Are these the correct manuals I need for this car? The service manual looks kinda thin in the picture so just want to make sure it's what I need before I buy them. Just tired of trying to figure out how everything goes on this dam car and want a good manual about it.

servicemanuals.jpg

Those look like the Helm manuals I had for my 90. I think those just look thin. As I recal one is about an inch thick and the other is 2 or 3 inches.

Those look like the Helm manuals I had for my 90. I think those just look thin. As I recal one is about an inch thick and the other is 2 or 3 inches.

My '87 vette manuals are about 1/2" for the electrical supp, and 1+ for the main manual....they are white on the covers....

:thumbs:

So they are probably what I need? They are 65.00 for the two so if they are the right ones I'm going to buy them. This car is driving me crazy!!!!!!

YES, as marked on the covers, they read essentially same as mine...

as to price?? I dunno jack, but really for a few bux, they are there NOW...hopefully for YOU...

:thumbs::clap:

Those are what you need, the electrical supplement is a real life saver (I have the same books)

Those are what you need, the electrical supplement is a real life saver (I have the same books)

OH Christ YES~~ on that electrical supp part.....as per usual I went to the fold out diagrams, and went blind....

and never returned, without that 'lectrical supp portion, we are screwed....

:twitch::surrender::smash::clap:

They sell the original manuals and re-prints (copies). Nothing wrong with the copies as far as I can tell... less than half the price and once the pages are covered with grease and oil they look just like the originals :thumbs:

I got the manuals today, so tomorrow I will go into this project less blind :thumbs: The service manual is like what you described however I wish it showed more on the sport seats and bladder replacement. They are actually pretty nice not a grease spot on them hahaha ....

Today I am planning on removing the full engine harness and start recovering it with that plastic covering as well as replace many of the weathered and broken connectors. I also have to remove the console and various parts to prep the car for floor repairs it needs and install the new carpet kit and sound deadening kit I bought. So these manuals will help greatly in the electrical bugs this car is having as well, one being the climate control vent light flash yet no codes are stored or displayed in the system (unless I'm checking them wrong)

Other issues I'm battling are

"sys" flashing on the dash
EST issues with the ecm
mushy brake pedal (maybe just the way the abs is?) will drive my friends 90 and see if they are similiar
mirror heat shuts off after a few seconds
bose issues
power door lock/window issues

sys flashing, do you have full electronic climate control? If the leds on it are out or if you have the manual AC and no stock radio then there's no load on the illum circ. and this will cause the sys to flash.

power door locks/windows... check out the aux fuse box under the pass side dash,

sys flashing, do you have full electronic climate control? If the leds on it are out or if you have the manual AC and no stock radio then there's no load on the illum circ. and this will cause the sys to flash.

power door locks/windows... check out the aux fuse box under the pass side dash,

it has the electronic climate control .... radio not in it but have the correct bose for it ... PDL/PW work on drivers door but neither door switch will get the passenger side stuff to work.