No reverse

zz71s

My stock 1971 4 speed shifter will not move the reverse linkage.
I have remove the linkage from the trans and no change the shifter will not move over and move the reverse linkage how does the reverse lock out work on a stock shifter?

Its just a pin or rod that connects to the T bar that needs to be lifted to allow entrance into the reverse gate. Make sure your rod has not separated from the T handle.

I have removed the ball,T handle with rod and spring still will not move over to reverse.
Any ideas

Goes back over a decade buy my '72 Muncie car did the same thing, but I can't remember which gears, I know I had to drive some 50 miles with it stuck in 3rd once....tons of fun....anyway, the vette shop said to try adjusting the lever lengths, and replacing some bushings in the linkages, I forget where/which...

and some oil on the shifter itself, and sure enough it smoothed out good....never hung up again....

:smash::clap:

I have removed the ball,T handle with rod and spring still will not move over to reverse.
Any ideas
Are you sure "all" of the rod came out ?
Have you tried realgning the shift gate with the factory tool,if the gate is not lined up the shifter can't move over into reverse?
I've also seen loose mounting bolts block the levers from moving.