Help ! 81' turn signal flash prob.

ToddG

History. Turn signals worked perfect. Flashed at the normal rate.

Upgraded to bubble tails. Bought from Ecklers. The whole kit. Installed no sweat. Replaced the included so called heavy flasher. All lights work perfect. Not one bulb out on the car. Turn signals flash too fast. Switched the new flasher back to the old and still flashes just as fast(same speed). I am beginning to think they sent me a stock flasher with the kit. If I was to buy another flasher, what I'm I looking for in terms of capacity?

Thanks
c-ya
ToddG :surrender:

I always use elctro-mechanical flashers.
The nice thing is that even if only one of your bulbs are good, then it will still flash at the same rate as if all were working.
It doesn't make the whole system start to work goofy, so troubleshooting is also a lot easier. These are good for 10-16 bulbs. Use them for trailer pulling too.
Also available in 3 prong.

Tridon EL12

Grote 44810

Peterson 554

Signal Stat 262

Tectran 1965102

Truck-Lite 262

Truck-Lite 97202

Velvac 091215

WoW!! thank you for the great info. I will pick one up This week. My auto parts store should have at least one on the list.

c-ya
ToddG

Update:: just picked up the Signal-Stat 262. Will install in the morn...

Last edited:
History. Turn signals worked perfect. Flashed at the normal rate.

Upgraded to bubble tails. Bought from Ecklers. The whole kit. Installed no sweat. Replaced the included so called heavy flasher. All lights work perfect. Not one bulb out on the car. Turn signals flash too fast. Switched the new flasher back to the old and still flashes just as fast(same speed). I am beginning to think they sent me a stock flasher with the kit. If I was to buy another flasher, what I'm I looking for in terms of capacity?

Thanks
c-ya
ToddG :surrender:

Flasher rate is determined by load. The addition of trailer lights usually is the cause. HD flashers, or Noonies list of units should cure the issue.

No idea why it's flashing too fast. I am not an electrician :smash::smash:

Anyway... I installed the Ecklers bubble taillights and I did not change or replace the flasher or anything else...I'm pretty sure there was no flasher included in my "kit"... works perfectly fine for me....

interesting problem....

No idea why it's flashing too fast. I am not an electrician :smash::smash:

Anyway... I installed the Ecklers bubble taillights and I did not change or replace the flasher or anything else...I'm pretty sure there was no flasher included in my "kit"... works perfectly fine for me....

interesting problem....

Odd..my kit came with pig tailed sockets (2) two 1157 bulbs. the lens's with mounts and a flasher ..oh ..and the scotch wire taps.

I hope you tossed those scotch wire taps in the trash and did proper splices. those things will cause you nothing but problems. A little water, a touch of corrosion and no worky.

I hope you tossed those scotch wire taps in the trash and did proper splices.

Trashed the taps never even used them and the new flasher I bought did the the trick. Flashes are down to pretty much a normal frequency. Thanks for everybody's help!

c-ya
ToddG :thumbs: