battery drain and clicking noise under dash 1990

JeffP1167

My car has a bad power drain and this morning when I opened the passenger door heard a clicking noise. This thing started doing it after working on it and I believe the cause to be the CDM since it seems like after plugging that in is when my drain started but I'm not sure.

So I figure if one has done it others have done it as well. Any 90 owners on here had a 1 day battery drain that they have solved? I know it's not light related or alarm related.

the clicking noise probably wasn't a relay since the key was off. The previous owner said it had a drain but after putting a new battery in I could let it sit for a month and it would still start. The drain came back though so it seems. This clicking noise seems to be coming from under the right side of the dash.

I dunno for sure where your fuse panel is, but my '87 had it on the end of the pass side dash, with a lid on it, and next to the door....I would pull fuses one at a time till the clicking stops, note which fuse, and go from there....I suspect something like alarm was disconnected from horns or sirens or whatever....

:clobbered:

The CDM is located on the pass side behind the hush panel/dashboard so it may very well be the problem. There is a small fuse box there too for the power windows but I don't think there was a relay on it but I'm not 100% sure.