Mcload M800 5-speed

Belgian1979vette

Word is out that Mcload is coming with an 5-speed trans rated at 800 ft/lbs of torque bolt in for C3 and for around $2300...

Anyone heard about this ?

[ame]http://www.streetfire.net/video/6342-McLeod-M800-Series_725346.htm[/ame]

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/forum/mcleod-hits-high-gear-their-new-3981.html#

Only thing is...i see straight cut gears...would make a whole lot of noise imo

Last edited:
Yeah I should have some info on it soon, a local buddy was so impressed he became a vendor. If it's anything as advertised it will kill the Tremec conversions in quality and price, we'll see.

Yeah I should have some info on it soon, a local buddy was so impressed he became a vendor. If it's anything as advertised it will kill the Tremec conversions in quality and price, we'll see.

Yeh, a thread over 'there' about Keisler and Tremec having a tiff of some kind, I suppose Keisler is going to put in this tranny too, and so they lost some deal with Tremec over it....but really there was NO choice from Keisler's standpoint....It's what I would do too....

:shocking:

Hey Gary, keep us posted - that one sounds like it would work for me :idea:

I think that Kiesler knew that this was coming and that they negociated with Tremec to drop the price. As we all know they (Kiesler etc) have to sign a contract with Tremec to keep the price at a certain level. I suppose this caused the deal to go south...

Anyway, for us it is good news that this tranny supposedly is cheaper and a direct bolt in.. we'll see. Anyway at a price tag of about $ 2300 i'm certainly a candidate.

12 years ago, I would have been all OVER that, oh well, question now is what are the gear ratios?? being a 5 speed, I would HOPE it's got a .70 something overdrive.... and a 220-250 first gear....

but I looked around, watched videos, and found no answer to that....

I saw specs on another board, 1st gear has 2 ratios available (2.95 and 2.66), the only 5th gear was around 0.63. Better have 3.7 rear end or higher with that.
Big reason I went with the Richmond was my 3.08 rear and it's available in dozens of gear ratio combos in all gears.
12 years ago, I would have been all OVER that, oh well, question now is what are the gear ratios?? being a 5 speed, I would HOPE it's got a .70 something overdrive.... and a 220-250 first gear....

Last edited:
I saw specs on another board, 1st gear has 2 ratios available (2.95 and 2.66), the only 5th gear was around 0.63. Better have 3.7 rear end or higher with that.
Big reason I went with the Richmond was my 3.08 rear and it's available in dozens of gear ratio combos in all gears.

:surrender:Dozen years too late, damn shame....not switching back now...

:twitch:

I spoke to my "source" and was told the trans is being held back till the summer at this point, I did ask again if it was a bolt in replacement and the answer is yes.
Also was told Tremec and it's vette vendor had a big falling out so that vendor may not being selling all those OD trannies. All comes down to money.

As far as Tremec Goes Keisler is bye bye. Unless they purchase them retail like anyone else.

As for this new 5 speed by McLoad Keisler talked themselves right out of them.

I have said it before and I will say it again Classic Chevy 5 Speed which is now under HURST would be worth looking into. :)

Well, I'm really looking forward on seeing some real world prices on the Mcloads. At the moment I need to spent my money somewhere else (as always) but this was one of the things i really would like on my car.

Well, it seems like the Mcleod project came to a halt. Haven't heard anything about this for some time now. Sad, I think the 5-speed market could benefit from some competition.

I heard the gears are not ready yet or something to that affect. sounds like it was pushed on the market before it was ready & tested. I wonder if that one at the last SEMA in LV was even real?