Newbie from Chicago

Double_take

This looks like a cool new place to check out when I have some free time at work. :thumbs:

I have a 1970 coupe that has seen better days. The previous owner did most of the mechanical work (new engine, trailing arms, etc) and put in an entirely new interior. However, he went bankrupt and had to sell the car before he could paint it. Im now fixing lots of little things and painting the car myself.

Here are some pics from last year and then from a few weeks ago.

Last August:
PA060036.jpg
PA060037.jpg
PA060039.jpg
PA060040.jpg
P4050002.jpg
P4050003.jpg
P4050004.jpg
P4050005.jpg

Welcome, looks like a fun project. Are you going to replace the front w/ a 70 piece?

Hi there :D

Going back to the 70 front is going to be expensive but in the end it's going to be worth it.... I'm not a ncrs guy and my '79 pretty much shows that but I'd keep a chrome bumper stock or at least 'stock looking'..... It seems that either someone really liked the '73 or he/she had to replace the front and opted for the cheaper rubber bumper....

Welcome aboard. We happen to have a great body guru. Post away.:thumbs:

This is a temporary paint job. I couldnt stand the pink, but I dont have the money to do a full rebuild yet. Give me a few more years and chrome bumpers will once again grace the front of my baby...along with a few upgrades :devil: