Violet wires under console?

SmokinBBC

One violet wire and one violet wire with white stripe going into a connector which is similar to the flasher connector. Wire looks to be 12g.

It is under the center console and just sits next to the heater/ac control. The heater bulb/lighter bulb come out of the same harness.

I went through the diagrams that I have and cannot find anything calling for this color wire of wire/connector under the console or any where else.

Thoughts? I don't have a factory alarm or electric windows.....:surrender:

Purple/Purple-wh trace are the in/out from the safety interlock switch that maybe on your shifter for a auto car....can't start it in gear, has to be in neutral....

on my Muncie '72, tell the truth, I forget where it was, but not on top, it had a switch underneath....:shocking:

One violet wire and one violet wire with white stripe going into a connector which is similar to the flasher connector. Wire looks to be 12g.

It is under the center console and just sits next to the heater/ac control. The heater bulb/lighter bulb come out of the same harness.

I went through the diagrams that I have and cannot find anything calling for this color wire of wire/connector under the console or any where else.

Thoughts? I don't have a factory alarm or electric windows.....:surrender:

Purple is usually starter circuit. Nuetral switch for automatic make sense?

Bingo! I have a manual trans...never thought about the neutral safety switch wires being there! The colors are purple and the connector matches what's needed for the safety switch. On a manual, it is under the dash. Must have been wired for both manual and auto on all the harnesses.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I ran mine to my clutch pedal neutral safety switch when I converted from an auto. Very convenient.

I have NO interlocks at all on my 200 4r tranny, NONE....move that lever and it's in gear....not any more detents than in the tranny itself.....

:crutches::stirpot::lol: