Anyone use NASCAR p/s pump like this?

pcf_mark

Has anyone used CV Products brand of power steering pump? Here is a link to one on Ebay that includes the reservoir, hoses and possibly a titanium pulley. My '68 has big front tires and the factory pump is not getting it done and TT had suggested an aftermarket pump.

Anyone have experience retro-fitting these to our cars? Should work nice if I go to a rack too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NASC...2d8QQitemZ350311801560QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

That's a toyoda pump with a bolt on hub. I only use KRC pumps on everything (w/ remote reservoirs) and they a flow valve built into the -10 AN adapter that can easily be changed for more or less assist. The pulley is a hard anodized gunmetal aluminium. I have a couple of CV products pulley sets of that color. In fact I have a whole bunch of CV products stuff, it's on of my favorite brands (several items on camaro motor right now, there's a bunch of it on V-Twins 77 too) Very high quality.

I think the Toyoda pump uses the same mounting distance as the sweet, the GM type II and the cast iron KRC pump. The alu KRC has a slightly smaller mounting distance (if using a sweet bracket, need to drill new hole & tap it) Very easy to mount using head or block mount bracket. If you need flow, get the krc alu pump, it can spin a lot more rpm than the iron one so if you need more flow, get a smaller pulley and overdrive it.

Thanks for the heads up TT. If it stays at this price it looks like a deal. I'll watch and wait - there is always something new coming up...