Portable 12v air compressor???

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Just curious if anyone knows of a decent portable air compressor that can run off my truck battery while I'm out at the junkyards. I don't mind a modest duty-cycle downtime while the storage tank is getting refilled (as opposed to relying on one of those small 12v tire inflators to fill the tank), as my portable cutoff wheel drains the air tank rather quickly.

Anything with possibilities?

Cut wheels use WAY too much air volume, no battery can keep up with the demand,

I recomend a battery sawzall....

If you really want portable air for your truck you can mount a York A/C compressor under the hood. That is what a lot of the off road guys do for running air tools on the trails.

An 80 cu ft scuba cylinder filled to 3500 PSI will give you several times more air than the standard 20 cu ft air storage tank filled to 150 PSI. I use a scuba cylinder at the track as a portable tire air supply. One cylinder fill usually lasts several months, but that is not with running air tools. You will need a scuba regulator to drop the pressure, but all can be bought on the cheap on craigslist or ebay at under $100. Of course, you will need to have it filled at a scuba shop, or by someone with a Haskel booster.

An 80 cu ft scuba cylinder filled to 3500 PSI will give you several times more air than the standard 20 cu ft air storage tank filled to 150 PSI. I use a scuba cylinder at the track as a portable tire air supply. One cylinder fill usually lasts several months, but that is not with running air tools. You will need a scuba regulator to drop the pressure, but all can be bought on the cheap on craigslist or ebay at under $100. Of course, you will need to have it filled at a scuba shop, or by someone with a Haskel booster.

:clap::clap::shocking: Good thinking dude...my welder buddy is a diver....

hummmm....

:search::shocking: