air compressor

vette

What is the right way to plump an air compressor? Does the external filter go first and them the regulator or the other way around or does it matter?

Thanks,
Danny

I was told to put the filter between the regulator and the hose. Seems to work fine.

DC

Induction has a air filter same as your car engine....foam/mesh/some such combo.....built in, mostly....

output goes to a water separator, two stage....mine is just a cheepie from Harbor Freight.... two bottles hang down, gather water in them, filter elements above....takes the water out of the compressed air...mainly for painting....

typically a manual drain valve like on your radiator, on air tank bottom of the compressor, must drain once a week...

I never bothered to plumb the shop walls like guys do....I just have ~50' of air hose, KISS principal....

:cool::lol: Pressure regulator is hooked into the air tank, turns on/off.....typical meter on it....

Induction has a air filter same as your car engine....foam/mesh/some such combo.....built in, mostly....

output goes to a water separator, two stage....mine is just a cheepie from Harbor Freight.... two bottles hang down, gather water in them, filter elements above....takes the water out of the compressed air...mainly for painting....

typically a manual drain valve like on your radiator, on air tank bottom of the compressor, must drain once a week...

I never bothered to plumb the shop walls like guys do....I just have ~50' of air hose, KISS principal....

:cool::lol: Pressure regulator is hooked into the air tank, turns on/off.....typical meter on it....

I think "pressure regulator" he is talking about is for line pressure. Think your talking about is the compressor kick in switch for when tank pressure is low.

I have my water seperator/filter before the pressure regulator. I would think if you mounted the seperator/filter after the pressure regulator line pressure might be affected a bit.

I think "pressure regulator" he is talking about is for line pressure. Think your talking about is the compressor kick in switch for when tank pressure is low.

I have my water seperator/filter before the pressure regulator. I would think if you mounted the seperator/filter after the pressure regulator line pressure might be affected a bit.

Yeh, I forgot, I do have a built in line reg on my water sep thingy, but I keep it cranked all the way up, and all I can get outta the compressor is 125 psi the OSHA max as I recall...so I never have played with it...as my shit runs fine....:D

if I had a really nice comp like I used to have, crank that guy to 150 on 80 gallons, and then reg down as wanted....

:D