4 way switch.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
can anyone here wire a 4 way switch from memory??

as in legit MEMORY not some damn diagram lookup???

I know guys like Bird know what a 4 way is.....from elementary school even yet....

but how many can wire one without difficulty???

:fishing::stirpot:

can anyone here wire a 4 way switch from memory??

as in legit MEMORY not some damn diagram lookup???

I know guys like Bird know what a 4 way is.....from elementary school even yet....

but how many can wire one without difficulty???

:fishing::stirpot:

So whats your point?????
Can you set the draft on a mould plow correctly????
Can you take a soil sample and determine if its sour,tell what kind of loam make up it has?????????

We all have things that we can do well that others may not be able too,so what.

I used them to reverse the rotation of 3phase motors for big fans. Is there a better use for them.:lol:

I used them to reverse the rotation of 3phase motors for big fans. Is there a better use for them.:lol:

damnit man, just damnit.....WELL beyond me.....I can guess you are reversing two of the 3 phases NO??? just a SWAG....like taking the red and blue wires and reversing them....leaving black alone???

Kev, it's to do with my having to find an old shorted out wire in the attic that I used for a 4 way switch for my welll pump....one in back, one in front, and one inside....the wire shorted out and so it messed up,....so I had another trip into the attic in the fiberglass, dust, a/c pipes/electric cables/trusses/nails/mending plates/heat/humidity/ to find where the wire was bad and pull enough to cut/splice it so that damn mess worked....

besides, I need the exercise to keep sane.....

:sick::banghead::banghead::beer:

How can wires just short out in the attic???

You got a family of roof rats up there.

One couple can create 400 in a year ya know.
Watch where you crawl:D

damnit man, just damnit.....WELL beyond me.....I can guess you are reversing two of the 3 phases NO??? just a SWAG....like taking the red and blue wires and reversing them....leaving black alone???

Kev, it's to do with my having to find an old shorted out wire in the attic that I used for a 4 way switch for my welll pump....one in back, one in front, and one inside....the wire shorted out and so it messed up,....so I had another trip into the attic in the fiberglass, dust, a/c pipes/electric cables/trusses/nails/mending plates/heat/humidity/ to find where the wire was bad and pull enough to cut/splice it so that damn mess worked....

besides, I need the exercise to keep sane.....

:sick::banghead::banghead::beer:

Thre way switches are just wired like a railroad passing trak. They either line up, or they don't. Successsive 4 ways between just exchange travelers.
Gene, the switches are the wink link. They are not rated for inductive loads. Use them to operate a starter/relay.

Thre way switches are just wired like a railroad passing trak. They either line up, or they don't. Successsive 4 ways between just exchange travelers.
Gene, the switches are the wink link. They are not rated for inductive loads. Use them to operate a starter/relay.

Nah, bird, methinks you misinterpreting me, my system is LV wiring, there was an old 3 conductor phone line run to the outside wall by someone else, years ago...I didn't see it get trapped under the steel plate that shorted it out...so I not worried, just had plenty of length to it, so I spliced it...woopie doo....

my question above was how you reverse directions on that 3 phase motor??

just reverse two out of the 3 phase wires?? no??