MSD MEFI4a

Anybody use one of these yet... I gotta get back on this damn Corvette Project :ghost:

http://www.msdfuelinjection.com/ram_jet.html

I know from NOTHING about that MSD system, BUT a word of caution.....you need a serial D port, rare as hell these daze, and those USB/Dport converters never worked for me, fighting with a MegaSquirt setup, ~4 years ago.....I was forced to toss the effort...

:flash::crutches:

Anybody use one of these yet... I gotta get back on this damn Corvette Project :ghost:

I know from NOTHING about that MSD system, BUT a word of caution.....you need a serial D port, rare as hell these daze, and those USB/Dport converters never worked for me, fighting with a MegaSquirt setup, ~4 years ago.....I was forced to toss the effort...

I got the RS-232 port covered... Playin with Computers pays the bills !! :thumbs:

I got the RS-232 port covered... Playin with Computers pays the bills !! :thumbs:

HELL of a lot further down that road than I cared to learn over....:flash:

Hey Mark, I was wondering what happened to you and your project.
Today, if I was in your shoes, I would take a serious look at the new Holley Dominator EFI system that they just announced out at SEMA. It really impressive and supposed to be priced competitively with Accel and FAST systems. As you know, I shit canned the MEFI 3 and went with the Accel Gen VII. It has worked out well for me, but looking at the new Holley system, it is a giant step up in technology. The MEFI 4a is still a fine piece of electronics but, just doesn't measure up today. Just to difficult to tune effectively compared to today's technology, not to mention the added capability. No, I don't sell for Holley. Ha Ha :lol:

New Holley EFI

Bullshark

Today, if I was in your shoes, I would take a serious look at the new Holley Dominator EFI system that they just announced out at SEMA. It really impressive and supposed to be priced competitively with Accel and FAST systems. As you know, I shit canned the MEFI 3 and went with the Accel Gen VII. It has worked out well for me, but looking at the new Holley system, it is a giant step up in technology. The MEFI 4a is still a fine piece of electronics but, just doesn't measure up today. Just to difficult to tune effectively compared to today's technology, not to mention the added capability. No, I don't sell for Holley. Ha Ha :lol:

New Holley EFI

Bullshark

MEFI?? that Megasquirt??

:flash:

New Holley EFI

Bullshark
Just looking for a drop in that I can tweak to solve this IAC issue and correct for a TB/cam/lifter/rocker arm/valve spring/retainer upgrade. I want to raise the rev limit to 6400-6500 too.

Job/Family/PhD take lots of time... Also have two bike projects running (engine upgrade to my yellow bike... looking to go from 112 to 160 RWHP new cylinders pipes carbs and a CNC Billet upper case half and a conversion for my HD sportster S to XR1000 style cross flow heads....) :shocking::twitch:

New Holley EFI

Bullshark
Just looking for a drop in that I can tweak to solve this IAC issue and correct for a TB/cam/lifter/rocker arm/valve spring/retainer upgrade. I want to raise the rev limit to 6400-6500 too.

Job/Family/PhD take lots of time... Also have two bike projects running (engine upgrade to my yellow bike... looking to go from 112 to 160 RWHP new cylinders pipes carbs and a CNC Billet upper case half and a conversion for my HD sportster S to XR1000 style cross flow heads....) :shocking::twitch:

Yes, I can relate:surrender: Just to many things to do and no time to enjoy the toys. My only point is by the time you spend $1316 for the MSD kit, and wrestle with the hit and miss tuning process that the MSD MEFI involves, you might be better off spending just a few more bucks and get the high tech capabilities available in this latest technology. Self tunning with all kinds of growth potential when you run out of things to do. :lol: I bet you would be much happier and save time in the long run.
Check out this thread over on Chevy Talk forum. The poor guy is still trying to solve his MEFI 4 problems with no success. :banghead:

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/231039/

Bullshark

I had an antiquated OBD-1 system with my EFI and I had problems with it that no one could track down. I went through 4 ECMs and repaired a bunch of wiring before giving up and purchasing the Accel Thruster w/ wideband O2 system. Best thing I ever did for the car. Havent had to touch it since the initial tuning session. That was a year and 7000 miles ago. Art