Thinking about getting my rims widened.

enkeivette

Not gonna lie, sliding around in 3rd gear can be fun, but eventually you just want traction and you want to flippin go!

So Brutal informed me that offset trailing arms only go so far until your rims hit the frame rail. So since my body and paint is pretty much done and I will not be flaring, exactly how wide can I go with almost stock offset? Mine stick out about 1/2" or so past stock.

Are there 335s on 11s in my future?

Last edited:
18x10 fits under the stock fenders, think BS is 5.5" but not sure. Better wait for somebody who actually fitted these under the fiberglass....

I've seen ZR1 style 17x11 rims on a red C3, pretty sure I saved the photo somewhere... it sure is the cheapest way to get wide tires on the rear. 315-35-17 tire is only $100 :1st:

Don't you have 19" rims ? No idea what tires are available in 19" except the stock C6 size 285-35-19. I'll have my C6 set for sale some time this spring, as soon as my current tires are shot I'll get a set of chromies (won't take long to burn the tires) .... if you're interessted: front 18X8.5 and 19x10 rear... you'll need adapters to fit them

I was wanting to keep the same wheel centerline because of bearing/suspension loading considerations, and the C4 size 17x9.5 rime are only 3/4 inch wider to each side of the rim...so to move the ebrake cable and the very next thing I would have to move is the offset t-arms, then the sway bar....not going that far, so I stopped there...I have maybe 1/4" clearance now, off either one....275/50/17 in rear....

:nuts:

Thanks Jeff, Glenn sent me that link already.

Karsten, mine are 9.5" wide now. Wouldn't be worth it for 1/2." I'm hoping for 11." Totally forgot about my sway bar. Can it be cut and welded if I need to shorten it?

Thanks Jeff, Glenn sent me that link already.

Karsten, mine are 9.5" wide now. Wouldn't be worth it for 1/2." I'm hoping for 11." Totally forgot about my sway bar. Can it be cut and welded if I need to shorten it?

Have move the mounting pad/support to inside the frame, add a bracket for it, and make the bar more of a trapazoid shape than U shape...

I dunno jack about modding the bar that much though...maybe one off another car, junkyard style??

ine are 9.5" wide now. Wouldn't be worth it for 1/2." I'm hoping for 11." Totally forgot about my sway bar. Can it be cut and welded if I need to shorten it?

no, for 1/2" I wouldn't do it, most likely not noticeable

You could buy one of these fancy adjustable sway bars, I would think you can order these in different lengths:

214b3f4814425d4.jpg

ine are 9.5" wide now. Wouldn't be worth it for 1/2." I'm hoping for 11." Totally forgot about my sway bar. Can it be cut and welded if I need to shorten it?

no, for 1/2" I wouldn't do it, most likely not noticeable

You could buy one of these fancy adjustable sway bars, I would think you can order these in different lengths:

214b3f4814425d4.jpg

Just be careful with their bar set up. I've seen the aluminum arms snap off the bar on C5.

A friend of mine have the Pfadt sway bars in he's C6 Z06...... and after 3'000 Km the spline in the arms was gone!

The problem was that with vibrations the bolt was loosened and the play in the spline coupling didi the rest!

Pay attention!