Dremel Multi-Max

BBShark
Not the Dremell per se - But I HIGHLY recommend the Harbor Freight Clone/knock-off.

OK a lot of blather about chinese built - but at the price (under 40 bucks) I could hardly go wrong.

Yes -- I have cut fiberglass -- used it to remove the hood support frame on my tilt front end rebuild. Ecklers had glassed in a stock like hood support structure (frame) and rather than use the heat gun and putty knife routine I opted for the multi-tool. FANTASTIC! Brilliant! Saudivett better get one to put in his hand carry in lieu of the dollies!

Photos in action to follow. (Oops - sorry no action -- my hands were full - but the results are visible!)

Cheers - Jim

Attachments

• multi-tool results.jpg
    multi-tool results.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
This new dremel tool cuts with a side to side motion that is supposed to reduce dust when cutting drywall (or fiberglass). Sorry, no first hand experience with this tool but every Dremel product I bought is excellent.

Every Dremel product I have ever owned broke, they are not up to the task of what air tools will do. I gave up on them :crap::mobeer:

Over the years, I have found a Dremel classis MotoTool to be the little tool that could....maybe not too fast, and maybe at a high cost of bits....but it did get some crap done that I had no other solution for....

:yahoo::D

I use the little dremels to clean up burrs in bores, like the bearing supports where a punch may have kicked up a burr. Works good but not for high loading.

BBShark
Not the Dremell per se - But I HIGHLY recommend the Harbor Freight Clone/knock-off.

OK a lot of blather about chinese built - but at the price (under 40 bucks) I could hardly go wrong.

Cheers - Jim

I just picked up one of the HF clones yesterday to try out. The mobile glass replacement guy used one to remove the windshield on my daily driver; worked pretty slick. I'm going to practice on a junk and if I can get the hang of it I plan to use it to remove the windshield on my C3.