TPI manifold identification

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I've got a TPI intake sitting on the shelf gathering dust. Was going to use it on my street rod a few years back, but I went a different direction. Refresh my memory. What are the differences between Camaro/Corvette/305/350 intakes?

thanks,
Mike

I think the biggest difference is the cold start injector on the pre ~1990 TPI's (the switch from MAF to speed density).

Thought they ditched that 9th injector before the MAP system....'88-89 or so...and the Camaro has the fuel legs on the driver's side, Vette on Pass side...

at any rate, to plug the 9th injector holes....

:quote:

What are the differences between Camaro/Corvette/305/350 intakes?

305 and 350 the same.
Major differences are '85 -'88 with cold start /89- 92 without ,
'90 + with MAP
and whether Vette or F body origin.
All Vette intakes and early F body have regular SBC intake bolt angle .
Late F ( w/cast heads ) have 72 degree bolt holes on the 4 center bolts
'87 -'91 Vette intakes ( w/alum heads ) have the crossover at rear for EGR feed from exh manifold and a bleed line off the rear coolant crossover.
'89 - '92 intakes don't have the 3rd threaded hole at front under TB for the cold start switch
Vette fuel rails come out the front; not to the side like F bodies . '89+ Vette rails have 16mm fittings , not 16mm inlet / 14mm return like all others
'89 plenum is a one off; has no cold start runner underneath but does not have provision for the MAP sensor mounted in top as do the '90 -'92 plenums

Last edited:
What are the differences between Camaro/Corvette/305/350 intakes?

305 and 350 the same.
Major differences are '85 -'88 with cold start /89- 92 without ,
'90 + with MAP
and whether Vette or F body origin.
All Vette intakes and early F body have regular SBC intake bolt angle .
Late F ( w/cast heads ) have 72 degree bolt holes on the 4 center bolts
'87 -'91 Vette intakes ( w/alum heads ) have the crossover at rear for EGR feed from exh manifold and a bleed line off the rear coolant crossover.
'89 - '92 intakes don't have the 3rd threaded hole at front under TB for the cold start switch
Vette fuel rails come out the front; not to the side like F bodies . '89+ Vette rails have 16mm fittings , not 16mm inlet / 14mm return like all others
'89 plenum is a one off; has no cold start runner underneath but does not have provision for the MAP sensor mounted in top as do the '90 -'92 plenums

Excellent! I'll have to print this out and head on out to the garage and see what I've got there.
Thanks!