Ru Tired Of Your Project? Here's One Thats Track Ready

I have always liked those old racers. Just wish I could say I had enough loose change laying around to even bid on it.

With the early "bumper" C3 racers bringing 500K - 750K it will be interesting to see what the "wide bodies" do. Very cool Corvette racer none the less.

WOW, bloody WOW!

I probably won't be bidding but I saved every one of those magnificent pics for inspiration.

WOW!

ONLY has 2500 miles on it, all of them over 150 mph.....

:bounce::bounce::quote:

With the early "bumper" C3 racers bringing 500K - 750K it will be interesting to see what the "wide bodies" do. Very cool Corvette racer none the less.

the only C-3 racers bringing $500K plus are original L-88 cars.....I`ll add the Greenwood car in the link above may be "track ready" but considering it`s competition it`s a backmarker...

Last edited:
I`ll add the Greenwood car in the link above may be "track ready" but considering it`s competition it`s a backmarker...

RV, I'm fascinated by your indictment above. Could you elaborate? I believe you! Just wondering.

I'm a vintage racer, small bore, so don't know enough about the A and B classes to judge.

I mean, it looks like a competetive package so I'm curious as to what let's it down. Don't give away any secrets, that's not what I'm after.

Steve

Eye candy. Just $500,000 worth of "Lets stare at it.";)

Yeah, as much as I lust after this car, it is just an expensive paperweight.

I wish I had the time, money, and garage space to make a streetable clone of this. A widebody 74 or 75 with a C5 suspension would be a bunch of fun.

I wish I had the garage space and time to finish all the stuff I started.... once that is finished I wouldn't mind a widebody with modern suspension... good idea, maybe I get around to it some time in 2013...LOL

I`ll add the Greenwood car in the link above may be "track ready" but considering it`s competition it`s a backmarker...

RV, I'm fascinated by your indictment above. Could you elaborate? I believe you! Just wondering.

I'm a vintage racer, small bore, so don't know enough about the A and B classes to judge.

I mean, it looks like a competetive package so I'm curious as to what let's it down. Don't give away any secrets, that's not what I'm after.

Steve

It`s not a secret...that car would (and has been) in the same class as GTP cars, Turbo Porsches and if you lived in the east or midwest it would also race against the ex SCCA tube frame Trans-Am cars, all newer technology. If I was going to spend that kind of money I would want the latest/greatest and that car ain`t it, at least not in my opinion...cool hell yea, would I love to drive it on a fresh set of slicks? hell yea...but it`s not competitive in the class it races in.

Unfortunately, my piggy bank ain't big enough for either of them!! And that's just to get the car, never mind operating costs! They're sure fun to look at and think about, but, I'll keep work'n on my car... :)